Affiliates
free forum

Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:30 pm

"I don't want to kink shame but I'm gonna do it anyway once we find them."

Val sighed. "I would consider our priorities unchanged. We're still looking for the red robe, we just have to change our search area." Val put the box away and started walking out of the room. "Unless it wasn't them who killed the inn keeper and stole my key. Which seems very unlikely."

As she and Rol walked back downstairs Val kept talking. "I'll ask Eryn and her remaining men to take over the murder investigation here. Maybe they'll have more luck getting in those rooms. I'll also ask her if she has a vehicle or mount for us. While we've been investigating here our culprit has probably gotten a head start. We need to make up for that."

"In moments like this cell phones would be so helpful, we could notify the people at the castle. But nope for some reason, despite all the powerful mages and magi-tech out there we still haven't found a way to communicate over long distances without actually traveling or sending letters."

--
After leaving the Inn they quickly find Eryn and update her on the situation. Eryn then shows them the stables and lets them pick a mount.

Choose:
>Giant Unicorn goat (safe but slow, more used for mountain paths. Won't reach castle before culprit. But once you get there you'll have been fully healed up and ready to fight. No rolls required.)

>Giant white Pug (average speed, very safe and but low stamina, will need to rest when halfway. Which might give a chance to bond with Val some more. Can possibly catch up to culprit before they reach castle if good roll happens. You'll be mostly healed up.)

>Herbivore dinosaur (Fast but harder to control, might take (long?) detours. If you're lucky you'll get to the castle way before the culprit shows up and be able to prepare for them.  If you're not [Meaning a not so good roll] You might have to spend time getting back on track which will mean the culprit will get there first. Or something worse might happen if you get a really bad roll.

You'll be mostly healed up, unless something bad happens.)
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:34 pm

"Right, let's take the ugliest looking one"

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Race: Human
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 am

Suddenly the animal care taker pops up and yells. "How dare you! They're all beautiful." She puts her hands on her side and looks angrily at Rol.
She appears to be a 17 year old girl and is very offended.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:40 pm

After taking a closer look you find that the goat is slightly less fabulous than the other two.
The Dinosaur has amazingly colored feathers which make it look majestic AF.
The giant Pug on the other hand is about 800 kg of adorable because it's still a pupper.
The Unicorn goat however is getting older and it's fur is not as white as it once was. It's horn is also in need of a good polishing.

The animal caretaker stomps off while still angry as you and Val mount up on the Unicorn goat. Eryn salutes the two of you as you set off towards the castle.
--

You ride through the ruins of what was once the capital of the Blackshroud empire. Val is in front on the goat and Rol sits behind her, holding on to her waist so he doesn't fall off.
They pass many buildings that were once great feats of architecture but have now fallen apart. The city itself was never attacked during the war however. These scars are from the undead invasion that happened at the end of the war 21 years ago. The same undead invasion that nearly ended all life on Val.

During your ride Rol's wounds completely heal. In fact he feels completely refreshed. That is, until they reach the bridge. From there they can see the flames and hear the explosions. Something bad is happening at the castle.
Val is shocked. "Oh no.." She then orders the unicorn goat to go faster.
--

They arrive at the castle and find an army of undead assaulting the walls. The Castle guards are doing their best to fend off the attack but the mix of zombies and skeletons are overwhelming them with numbers.
Not only that but above in the sky are several undead wyverns flying around attacking from above.
Parts of the castle seem to be on fire.

At the other end of the battlefield stand the people responsible for this. Sitting on a large two headed wyvern is Æwynne the commander of the wyvern squad that was also here last time the castle was under attack. Next to her stands the red robed figure silently watching the battlefield.
And in front of them stands a familiar face, the General, who seems to have completely recovered from his injuries. He laughs as he looks upon the carnage his army is inflicting.

Val sees this and jumps off the goat and storms straight towards the General, sword in hand.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:51 am

"Now we're just watching reruns."

Rol followed quickly behind Val. "Val, I think I should tag in. The castle probably needs some leadership and I can't fill that niche."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:06 pm

"Rol hun, I love you but since when are you the reasonable one in this relationship? I mean are you feeling alright?" Val puts her hand on Rol's forehead to check for a fever.

The general noticed this happening and turned towards them. He walked over to them with his arms spread out as a welcoming gesture. ”Ah, Empress. I'm so glad you made it in time for the party. I was getting worried you wouldn't show up! You even brought a date, how wonderful!”

Val frowned. “I would have gotten here sooner but you forgot to send an invite, General.”

The general let out a theatrical gasp. “But I did! I sent Vesbaoth to come get you!”

“Weird because I could've sworn he only wanted to bring my head.” Val replied.
“..And Sygeon, next time you want to hold a party in MY house, I would really appreciate you asking for permission beforehand.” She then pointed her sword at the General.

The General laughed. “Ah, but then it wouldn't be a surprise party!”

*insert awkward silence*

“Surprise!”

That's when the red robed figure stepped up and raised up a silver staff with a green flame at the top. They chanted in a feminine voice and suddenly giant bones appeared in front of them. The bones rearranged themselves and formed a giant skeleton with one eye.

"You probably don't recognize old Polyphemus here. He's lost a lot of weight since he was here last time." The General pointed at the Skeleton Cyclopse.

"Oh, and of course Æwynne is here too! You two used to be such great friends. Say hi!" Suddenly the two headed wyvern lifts off and hovers just above the general with it's rider on top glaring at Val.

"Yes, great friends." Val rolls her eyes. "Talking about friends, you seem to have a new one." Val then points at the Red robe.

"Ah, yes. How rude of me. I should have introduced her first!" He then gestures towards the red robed figure. "This is Evinne. She really helped me out after the last time I was here."

Evinne steps forward and removes her hood. She seems to be a human woman in her early fifties with dark grey hair.

"I'd watch out for that one General. She seems to have some sort of key fetish."

Val turns to Rol and whispers. "As much as you are right about the castle needing leadership, I think you're gonna need my help even more. You're very capable but I don't think you can take on all of them by yourself."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:33 am

"Just an off day." Rol chuckled, responding to Vals comment.

"Hey there generalissimo, how's your eye.. Eyes? I don't remember.. Was that even you?" Rol called out, he wanted in on the exchange of wit, even if he wasn't well armed.  

The bounty hunter looked over the four foes on front of them "In all honesty, I'm not sure both of us can them all, but I mean I'm always up for trying."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:03 pm

"My eyes?" The General frowned. "Ah! that was you? Sorry I didn't recognize you. My vision isn't what it used to be. Which is pretty much your fault.. So I'm gonna say you owe me a new pair of glasses."

Val whispered back to Rol. "Yeah, I'm not too confident either. Unfortunately I don't think we'll be getting back-up any time soon. The wyvern is the one I'm worried about the most so we should find a way to keep it out of the fight for now. Then we can divide and conquer the rest of them. I think I might have a plan on how to do that but it might get messy. I'll need you to keep the other three from interfering while I lure the flying lizard away. Can you do that?"

"What are you two lovebirds whispering about over there?" The general asks.

"Wedding plans." Val answers bluntly.

"Oooh, congratulations! Unfortunately you should be planning for your funeral instead."

"Come on, you can do better than that Sygeon. I'm starting to think your wit is starting to rot just like the rest of your undead self."

"Ouch! Yeah, that one was a bit predictable. Sorry."

"You know, I think I even remember you making that exact quip a few times before. Maybe all these raids on my castle are exhausting your supply of quips. I think that's a sign it's time to let go of this stupid grudge of yours."

"No dear, That's not possible, I'm undead. Holding on to ancient grudges is kind of our whole thing."

"Then I'll end that grudge of yours and set your soul free, Uncle."

Suddenly two black wings sprouted from Val's back and she lifted into the air. She then tossed a fireball at the General. The Wyvern rushed forward and intercepted the attack.
The creature brushed off the flames like it was nothing and went after Val.
Val smirked when the wyvern fell for the bait and she started leading it away from the battle.

In the distance Mioki had regained her composure and saw Val flying. She jumped and cheered for her friend. She then took out her guitar and started playing a song. All the living creatures that heard the song suddenly feel inspired. (including Rol, excluding the undead.)

Mioki's song:
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:10 am

"Hiya folks, welcome to Chateau de Val (and butchery of the french language) I'm sorry for being late, I'm Roltharus and I'll be your host." Rol smirked and then mockingly bowed at the three in front of him. 

"Unfortunately," he looked at the red robe "The early bird deals ended an hour ago." His gaze then went over to the skeletal cyclops (who I imagine is still quite heavy) "There are some weight restrictions." And then finally to the general "And none of our services have closed captioning, for the visually impaired. But otherwise how I can help you?" The bounty hunter drew and loaded his guns, and tried to make his shadows form around him in an intimidating fashion (not that he thought that would work).

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:07 pm

The general readies his heavy shield and says: "My good sir, I am terribly offended! This establishment is clearly ableist and I will not stand for this blatant discrimination! you will hear from my lawyer." He then draws his large sword and looks at it closely.
"And by lawyer I mean this sword... Which I will be stabbing into you." He then proceeds to charge towards Rol in an attempt to do exactly that.

Behind him Evinne waves her hands around and as she does this Polyphemus starts moving. With each motion of her hands the Skeletal cyclops takes another step towards Rol.

Up in the sky the two headed wyvern is right on Val's tail. It opens one of its maws and spews a stream of toxic gas at her. Val does a barrel roll and dodges.
"Stay still you cunt!" Æwynne yells.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:58 am

"I don't think I'll be able to hear your lawyer over your incessant whining." Rol shot back (verbal, lmao remember that?)

The bounty hunter dodged right of the blade, but also used shadows to push the blade further away from him just for extra distance.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:21 pm

(No, doesn't really ring a bell. What was it?)

Rol dodged but the General was faster and almost hit him. Luckily Rol's shadows knocked the blade out of his hand. "Hey! You hit my lawyer! That's disrespecting the court system. If my lawyer was here he'd object hard."
He then leaps towards his sword to pick it back up.

A few feet away from them the Skeletal cyclopse starts to gain momentum and is heading straight towards Rol.
Behind it Evinne is stil waving her hands in rhythm with it's movements.

Up in the sky Val is dodging all the wyverns attacks. One of the other wyverns tries to cut of Val's path. But she slashes her sword right through it's neck. The smaller wyvern goes down.
The large two headed one is still on her heels.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:30 am

(there was that time i worte "rol shot back" and i meant verbally but instead u thought i meant literally, which was fair rol shoots things. and that ended up with a weird set of circumstances with luch, the necropalypse lich.)

"Y'know, I get the feeling you really aren't very knowledgeable about the court system." Rol said and shrugged. "But hey, me neither."

The bounty hunter sent a couple rounds towards the general as he leaped for his sword. Then he charged towards the cyclops and the red cloak, guns a blazing.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:50 pm

(Oh, yeah the Luch fight was very weird.)

"I don't need to know about the court system, I'm a general not a judge! You know, separation of powers and all tha- Agh! You fucking shot me!"
Several of the bullets hit the general and went through his armor. The impact made him fall on his knee. 

Just as Rol charged towards the Cyclopse it raised its hand to strike at him. Some of Rol's bullets impacted it's bones but it didn't seem to feel any of them. Most of the bullets went straight through the gaps between the bones.

Evinne was less lucky and was struck in the shoulder. She stumbled back in pain and tried to cover her wound to stop the bleeding.

Despite not being controlled for a moment the Cyclopse's momentum keeps the attack going and the giant skeletal fist heads straight down at Rol.

Meanwhile up in the sky Val has lured the wyvern to the castle and signals at Mioki. Mioki responds and runs off somewhere.
The wyvern tries to bite Val but she slams her fist on one of its heads and escapes.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:16 am

Rol continued forward, using his momentum to perform either a horrible slip or a poor attempt at dodge roll, you couldn't really tell. However the distance forward was the main goal and that was achieved. The bounty hunter couldn't effectively take out the cyclops, without expending all he had at least, so the red robe was a better call.

"I'm heading your way lady."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Polyphemus slams his fist down on the ground narrowly missing Rol as he slips by. Evinne hears Rol say he's coming for her and frowns. She puts a hand on the ground and starts chanting.

Suddenly a skeletal hand shoots up from the ground and tries to grab Rol's ankle. But Rol sees it in time and avoids it. That's when he hears the General behind him shout: "Hey Val's boytoy! Where do you think you're going?" He then shoots purple lasers out of his eyes at Rol.
But he completely misses because his eyesight is so terrible.

Somewhere in the far distance a tree catches fire.

Back at the castle Mioki comes back dragging a very large harpoon gun behind her.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:14 am

"Man, both of you are horrible at this." Rol taunted. "Which one of you is in charge again? I needa know the leader of these incompetence squad."

Rol's biting words, where just that he was a little worried. He forgot the general could do that.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:40 pm

"We just had a few bad dice rolls!"

"It's more of a partnership really. And please keep talking, it makes you easier to find." The General said as he charged towards Rol with his sword in his hand again.

Evinne jumped back and moved her hands around. Which makes Polyphemus start moving again. The giant skeletal cyclopse also charges at Rol.

In the distance Mioki is setting up and aiming the harpoon gun. Meanwhile Val is flying around the Castle trying to stay ahead of the double headed wyvern.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:15 am

"I'll be honest, I was entirely unaware we were playing hide n seek. My bad." The bounty hunter retorted. He quickly tried to analyze the situation, could he possible get the general smacked by the cyclops? Honestly, not very likely but he was gonna try anyways.

Rol focused on moving defensively ready to try and parry the generals blows with his shadows, hopefully to keep him in cyclops arm's reach.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:28 pm

"When you're 80% blind, every day is hide n seek."

The General slashed his sword at Rol several times but Rol was able to deflect each blow with his shadows.
Polyphemus came charging towards both of them and prepared to swing his fist. Rol's attempt to keep the general in the cyclopse's attack range worked.
Unfortunately he himself was also in the attack range. He tried to jump away but was just a tad too slow and both of them were sent flying.
And both took a large deal of damage. But nothing that couldn't be healed away later.

Suddenly a terrible screech could be heard all over the battlefield. In fact there were two screeches, one for each head. The Giant wyvern had been struck with the Harpoon and seemed to be in a lot of pain.
Val took advantage of this and slashed through one of it's wings.
The double headed wyvern went crashing down and it's rider went with it. "No!"

Val waved to Mioki and Mioki waved back. Val then flew back towards Rol to assist him.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:08 am

"I suppose I should really be more considerate of the disabled." Rol retorted, before being sent flying off (team rocket's blasting off again). After he landed, Rol groaned and got off the ground. "You good?" He asked in the general's direction. 

"Looks like I managed to do my part, I wonder what's next." He said, noting that Val seemed to have dealt with her wyvern issue.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:17 pm

The General responded by raising his hand and giving Rol a thumbs up gesture.

Val landed in front of Rol and folded her wings bahind her back. "You holding up alright?" She asked. She then looked at the General, who still had his face planted in the dirt.
"Seems you're holding you're own over here. Good job." She patted Rol on the back.

Evinne sent Polyphemus towards Rol and Val. Along the way the giant skeleton grabbed a dead tree and pulled it out of the ground to use it as an oversized club.

Eventually the General too got back on his feet.

"Still slightly outnumbered. Only two of us and they've got a tree." Val said as she got ready to resume the fight. "The smart thing to do would be me going after the red robe. Since the cyclopse is too slow to catch me in the air. Which would leave the General to you." She then sighed.

"However, I feel like I owe it to my uncle to be the one that takes him down once and for all. Besides, we haven't been doing the smart thing so far, so why start now?."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:27 am

"I'm all for the familial fuedings. Or.. Uh however you'd say it. See ya in a bit." Rol said, before he charged toward Red robe, an explosive in hand.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:42 am

In the distance Mioki resumes her song. Strengthening the spirits of all the living people who heard it. The few remaining guards that were scattered all over the castle began fighting back the waves of undead with a renewed vigor.

As Rol ran towards the red Robe she made Polyphemus raise the tree, preparing to strike Rol as he ran by. Evinne then jumped back again, trying to keep as much distance between her and Rol as possible. While also trying to keep the skeletal cyclops between the two of them.

Val brandished her sword and rushed towards the General. He did the same.

As the two opponents approached each other Val spread out her wings again and lifted off. She held her sword ready to strike.

At the same moment the General leapt up in the air with a Ki propelled jump.

Their swords clashed.

Val twisted to the side and kicked the Generals shield, pushing herself higher up into the air.
While also pushing the general back to the ground. He landed with a loud thud.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:00 pm

Rol, wary of the tree club watched for it as he was running toward the red robe, his shadows prepped by his feet to push himself out of the way of the cyclops's attack. If he had the chance, he'd likely place the explosive on the tree club in hopes of temporarily disarming the cyclops so the red robe was easier pickings.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content