Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:19 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

Affiliates
free forum

ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:05 pm

"Errands for a ..." Riaden shook his head in disappointment. "I leave you two alone for one night in this city and you've already turned to a life of crime. " He sighs and facepalms.

Riaden glanced at the pass. "A district pass.. where did you.. nevermind, stupid question." He pauzed for a moment. "I'm not waiting for anything. I know how this shit works. The minute I take my eyes off you two again you'll be in prison or something."

"..Actually.." Danielle is quick to notice the irony in what Riaden just said.

Just then they reach the district gates. The districts seem to be separated by high walls and these gates are the only way to travel between them.  Four armed guards are stationed on each side. More guards are patrolling up on the walls themselves. And a small line of people is waiting to be cleared to pass through.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:27 pm

Jex looked at Riaden and shook his head. He walked up and stood at the end of the line.

"We're indebted. Also, the people who we're helping out helped us while you were off dancing around doing nothing."

He patted around his pockets and felt for the two cards, finding them in his right back pocket.

"Besides, if we help them out, they might be able to help us out later too."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Mage of Arrows
Jex Cahill - Jexal Cronus

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

Ignorantia juris non Excusat  |  Corvus Oculum Corvi Non Eruit

No King rules Forever
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Name: Jex Cahill
Race: Human
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:46 pm

Riaden glared at Jex. "A favor for a favor, that's how it starts. And it ends with you being stabbed in the back and left for dead, naked in the middle of the street. While they sell off all your belongings including the staff we're supposed to protect." He says.

Meanwhile the line had progressed and it was now their turn. The guard spoke with a tired voice. "Your passes please."

When they turned back to Riaden he was already gone again.

When they handed the passes to the guard he closely inspected them. He looked at the two of them and frowned for a moment before giving them the passes back. "You're clear, go on through."

The guards moved aside to let them through.

Once they got to the other side they quickly noticed the difference between the districts. In front of them stood a half broken sign that looked like it was gonna fall over the moment someone touched it. It read "Lapus dist-", the rest of the words were gone.

The second thing they noticed was the smell. The air smelled of week old cat piss and a hint of a cadaver rotting nearby.

Half of the buildings looked as if they were about to collapse and the other half didn't look much better. Most of these buildings seemed to have dozens of tiny rooms where people lived.

The road ahead was filled with holes and mud. These streets were crowded with people in rags. Some of them were crowding around food stands either for the food or just because the scent of the food masked the smell of the streets.
The food itself seemed to be nothing more than a foul brown colored broth. Fortunatly it smelled better than it looked.

Others were crowded around a platform. There a lone man stood shouting to anyone who could hear. "Our city has fallen! Criminals run our goverment by day and a demon preys on our civilians in the night! Surely we have angered our god Eli! His light no longer touches our city. For we have defiled this sacred place that was once the home of his angels! Repent citizens of Ostea!" He goes on to repeat himself in another language.

"Do you even have an idea of where the fuck you are going?"
Riaden suddenly asked as he reappeared behind them.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:06 pm

Jex notice of everything in his surrounding. This place was in shambles indeed. He looked at the man who preached and thought to himself to comment on his multilingualism but held himself back. He looked at Riaden with a frown and kept walking.

"The reason I'm in this guild is because of a favor."

He kept walking towards where he was certain the prison was. He kept a tight clutch on the staff.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Mage of Arrows

No King rules Forever
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:59 pm

"That's probably gonna end in the same way honestly." Riaden replied to Jex's comment about how he got into the guild.

The assassin sighed. "Look, if you want to get yourself killed that's fine with me. But we still have a mission and right now you're endangering it. You're gonna lose that staff somehow and I'll have to track it down before some criminal sells the damn thing to Avena. So just to save us the trouble give me the fucking staff now and I won't have to tell you 'I told you so' later." He demanded.

Danielle was getting uncomfortable, Jex could feel it thanks to their link. Her mouth reappeared. "Could you not talk about me as if I'm not here? Please?" She asked Riaden.
"Also I'd prefer to stay with Jex." She added.

They found the prison quickly. It was one of the few buildings that still looked decent.

The other was a brothel across the street lit up by colorful lights. Loud music was coming from inside. And a bunch of prison guards went from one building to the other.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:35 am

Jex stopped and turned to face Riaden.

"Look, if you want to be a pain in the ass about it then go for it. But under no circumstances am I giving you my Staff."

He flourished it in his hand and clutched it behind him.

"If you want it, you're more than welcome to come try but you'd be endangering this mission far more than what we're doing. Besides, at least Rol and I've secured one of the artifacts while all you've done is get your ass kicked by Avena."

He quickly spun on his heels, facing the prison and taking note of the guards. He started walking towards the prison once more, shaking his head. What he'd said to Riaden was somewhat harsh but he couldn't help but reply to the guy. He turned to Rol.

"Alright, looks like we got them during break time so there'll be less guards to deal with once we're inside."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Mage of Arrows

No King rules Forever
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:45 am

Rol had been staying out of the argument, it was a difficult topic for him. He agreed with Riaden 100% but he also preferred to get on the assassin's nerves rather than support his opinion. Also, he didn't want to get stuck in any sort of fight between the two children.

"Is Riaden still coming? I'm not sure how that would go with your new friends." The bounty hunter asked, his tone displaying concern more than sass.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:24 pm

Riaden grimaced. "You also got your collective asses kicked by her and lost the other artifact. In fact you would have lost the staff too if it hadn't saved itself. The only reason you're holding it right now is because of dumb luck. But fine, I won't take your new girlfriend." Riaden kept walking behind them.

He stopped when he saw the prison. And then he facepalmed. "Gods damn it." He realized the irony of what he said earlier about the prison. "No, I'm not coming. I'll just keep watching you from a distance like I've been doing since we got to this city. And wait for you to fuck up so that I can fix your shit before it's too late." And with that he was gone... again.

When they walked into the prison they first came into the entrance hall. The walls were just plain grey but compared to the buildings outside this place looked somewhat decent. At the end of the room was a large wooden counter and behind it sat the receptionist.

She was wearing a grey suit and glasses. She had her platinum blonde hair in a bun, it made her pointy high elven ears stand out even more. She looked at Rol and Jex with a stern expression. "How can I help you?" She asked.

She then looked down at fluffy and frowned. "Animals are not allowed inside the building. Please leave it outside."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:18 am

At this point, Jex was holding back shooting an arrow at Riaden's face but he closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. He opened his eyes as the air escaped his lungs and he found himself in front of the woman. Had Riaden not left they could've left Fluffy with him but he supposed not. He turned to Rol nodded.

"Perhaps walk with him outside. I'll go on ahead inside I'll see you there."

He turned to the woman and smiled.

"I'm here for Arun."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Mage of Arrows

No King rules Forever
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:59 pm

Rol nodded at Jex's suggestion, looking around as Jex headed into the prison. Maybe he could find somewhere to let Fluffy hang out while he went in after Jex, or maybe not who knows.

"Damn if only I had an overcoat so I could stand on your shoulders and we could sneak in" Rol said while petting Fluffy.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:44 am

Once fluffy and Rol had left the room the woman turned to Jex. She quietly looked him up and down, frowning. "Arun you say? Follow me." She got up and led Jex to the visiting room.

Outside people were staring at Fluffy. Most of them seemed afraid. One of them threw a rock at the manticore, he growled at them and they jumped back.
Fluffy then relaxed and purred as Rol petted him. Not really understanding what he was saying but nodding anyway.

Rol noticed he could see Jex enter the visiting room through one of the barred up windows.
The room was painted white and had several tables all around the room. Chains were attached to the tables to hold prisoners while they talked to visitors.

When they entered the room the woman looked around. She turned to one of the three guards in the room. "Arun, you have a visitor." She said before turning around and returning to her counter. She closed the door behind her.

(Jex, I'll let you control Arun. Since he's in Corvo's crew? And I have no idea who he is. lol)
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:41 am

A slim Elven guard turned and smiled. He walked up to Jex and extended his arm to shake it. Jex quickly reached into his pocket and quickly sheathed the card and slipped it in his hand before shaking Arun's hand.

"Hello. And how are you, my friend?"

Jex smiled back as he felt Arun's hand slip off, taking the card with him.

"It's going quite well, my old comrade. How is Rex doing?"

"Quite well."

Jex looked at the other two guards. He shifted his eyes to meet Arun's just as Arun lifted the card up to his chest. The rune on it glowed a soft blue hue as Arun's mana flowed into it. On his other hand, Arun counted down. 5... Jex frowned, somewhat confused. 4... A sudden insight flashes into him. 3... Jex moves forward, leaning towards Arun. 2... He spins off of the Elven man, and faces the other two guards, now back to back with Arun. 1... He casts 2 light arrows, one for each guard and fires.

Arun's hand finishes in a fist when the card began emitting a bright light. He threw the card before him and, suddenly, Corvo and his 6 men were in the visiting room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corvo looked up at Jex and smiled.

"Good job."

He smiled an acknowledgement to Arun and flipped two cards up, one for each hand, catching them with the opposite hand.

"Let's go bust some kids out."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Mage of Arrows

No King rules Forever
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:34 pm

The other guards look confused when Arun started counting down. They then notice the soft glow of mana. They exchange a glance, even more confused.

Jex's sudden movement causes them to reach for their weapons. But they are too slow and are hit by Jex's arrows. They hit the ground.

"Whoa!" Nix appears alongside Corvo and his men. She almost loses her balance and tripped. Luckily her reflexes are good enough to not let fall on her ass. "That was a weird feeling. Not sure how I feel about it.." She comments about the teleportation magic.

"Yeah, let's kick some prison guard butts!" She says excitedly.

The sudden commotion catches the attention of the receptionist. She runs into the visitor's room. "What's going on h-" She screams as she sees the two guards on the floor and the multiple intruders.

--

Meanwile outside Rol and Fluffy can see some of what is happening. Upon hearing the scream, fluffy races back into the prison.

--

The receptionist tries to run back to her counter to set off the alarm but is tackled by Fluffy. The impact knocks her out.

Back in the visitors room there are 3 doors. One leads to a hallway that leads to the main hall and the kitchen. The other leads to the stairs that go up to the management floor. And the other leads to the security room where most of the guards and the stairs to the prison cells below are.

(You decide where you go. Use the map to navigate.)
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:55 pm

"Alright my dudes. Let's get it done."

Corvo broke into a run towards the far Eastern door. Jex followed behind him and his crew took the back, Arun joined them.

"Alright, game plan's to go loud so we're running straight through the security room, down the stairs into the cells. They should be located in either Cell B or C so we'll have to go through both to make sure we don't miss anyone. Is that clear?"

Before anyone could reply, Corvo crashed through the Security Room door and looked around. He threw the two cards he'd held and they both swiveled around him, much like the defensive card from before.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Mage of Arrows

No King rules Forever
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:09 pm

Rol followed after the manticore into the prison.

"Well time to party, or something like that."

The bounty hunter almost tripped over the knocked out receptionist, but manage to recover awkwardly. "Hmm.. Fluffy, can you lead us to the fun?"

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:20 am

As corvo broke into the security room all ten guards inside looked up and scrambled for their weapons.

"Holy shitballs! That's a lot of guards." Nix exclaimed.

The security room itself was not much different from the visitors room. The ten guards, Jex, Nix, Corvo and his men all together in in one room made it pretty crowded. There wasn't much room to move.

Some of the guards flipped some of the tables on their side to block the path to the stairs. Half of them stayed behind the tables and started loading up their crossbows.
The other five attacked the intruders directly with their swords.
All of them wore light armor.

The drinks that had been on the tables were spilled on the floor.

Nix didn't waste time and took on one of the guards head on. She dodged his strike and roundhouse kicked him in the face. "Hyaaa!"

--

Fluffy nodded and led Rol into the visitors room and to the door that the others had gone through a few seconds ago.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:28 am

Corvo flung his arms forward and 6 cards, three from each hand, flew out at the guards. He quickly jumped behind a table closest to them and flipped it over as cover for himself.

"Go! Down to the cells!"

--------------------------------------------

Jex aimed down his staff and shot an ice arrow towards the biggest clump of guards. Upon contact with anything, it would explode outwards and freeze anything in its general vicinity. He started spinning his staff to protect himself from any incoming projectiles

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Mage of Arrows

No King rules Forever
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:51 am

One of the guards managed to dodge the cards. Three of the other ones that were charging got hit and were knocked down. The other two cards hit one of the archers, knocking the crossbow from his hands with one and the other hit him in the face. He falls and scrambles across the floor trying to pick it up again.

The one that avoided the card got hit by the ice arrow instead and was frozen in place. One of the guards on the floor was also frozen.

Corvo's men stabbed the other two guards while they were down. That's when the four archers aimed and fired. Two of Corvo's men were hit by a crossbow bolt. One of them in the shoulder but the other was less lucky and it hit him in the chest.
A third crossbow bolt got stuck in the table that Corvo was behind. Leaving him unharmed.

The guard that had been kicked in the face by Nix reeled back and was staggered. Nix took her chance and used the guard as a meat shield. The fourth bolt pierces the guards back.
Nix throws the dead guard aside and sprints forward. The archer sees her coming for him and tries to reload as fast as he can.
But Nix jumps and uses the wall as a launching point. She throws her axe in mid air and it hits him straight in the face, killing him instantly.
Nix lands behind the table and the archer that was picking his crossbow up from the ground turns to her and tries to aim. But she quickly grabbed an arrow off the ground and shoves it into his neck. He cries out in pain.

The last two archer guards look at each other for a short moment, gulp and try to run towards the door behind them. Leading to the cells below. And probably more guards.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:52 pm

"Rock n Rol time, hahaha. Rol, as in my name. I'm gold."

Rol walked through the door into the massacre, he looked around disappointed.

"I missed important things"

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:37 am

Corvo jumped out and flourished a card from his belt. He ran forward, gesturing for Jex to follow him, which was rather unnecessary. They followed the guards down the stairs. Corvo produced 2 metal cards and flung them downwards, attempting to bounce them off the wall and into the guards running down. 

"The bottom of these stairs lead to the security rooms. We'll have to split up once we get there as there will be three possible cell blocks my team is trapped in."

Jex nodded at Corvo and allowed him to lead the way, deeper into the prison.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Mage of Arrows

No King rules Forever
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:46 pm

Corvo's cards hit the guards in the head and both of them fall down the stairs. One of them breaks his neck when he hits the bottom. The other lands on on him and groans before passing out.

Nix, Rol, Fluffy and Corvo's men ran after Corvo and Jex.

As they reached the security room they saw three more guards. The room was similar to the one above but darker. With no windows only two torches and a single candle to light the room. The guards were sitting at a table in the middle of the room and jumped up in surprise when Corvo and Jex barged in.

"Stop them!" The large and fat guard barked at the other two.
Both of them charged forward at his command.

As Nix stepped into the room her eyes fell on the fat guard. She glared at him, her eyes glowing with pure hatred. "You guys go on ahead. These three are mine." She said as she stepped forward.

There were several doors leading out of this room. One had a sign that said A Block, another said B block and a third said C Block. There were also two doors that said storage and two more unmarked ones.

(You can choose who goes to which block with who. There will be more guards in each block so choose wisely.)

Nix ran at one of the charging guards. He tried to attack her with a small club but she blocked his attack. The other guard tried to help him by punching Nix but she dodged and he hit his friend instead. Keeping both of them busy and allowing Corvo and the others to continue on.

The fat guard watched and grumbled in the background. He pressed a button and the blaring noise of trumpets blasted through the whole prison, the alarm.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:02 am

"Piss off."

Corvo cursed at the fatter man. He threw a card as he dashed towards the room, aimed at the guard's hands. Before he entered the door marked C, he barked out orders.

"Edgelord! You and Jex go to cell B! Everyone else go to cell A"

Jex nodded and started towards the door. He burst through the door and followed the path leading to the cells.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Mage of Arrows

No King rules Forever
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:23 am

"Who's edgelord? Am i edgelord? I don't like that name, that's a Deathy name."

Rol followed behind Jex before confirming if he was indeed edgelord, because well it's been 
 four months

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:18 pm

(The only time I remember anyone calling someone an edgelord in this RP was Rol calling the Orc one. So either Edgelord is meant to be Rol or the Orc which may or may not be here. I don't recall the Orcs name but it'd be funny if his actual name was edgelord. But Its more likely that he meant Rol. That's what I'll assume anyway.)

Corvo's card hit the guards hand causing the alarm button to go flying. The guard holds his hand in pain.

The alarm keeps blaring. It's probably loud enough for anyone out on the street to hear. Including those guards that were on break.

Nix grabs the first guards arm and swings around, positioning herself behind both of them. She then uses her momentum to spin around and kick the second guard in the head. Causing him to bump into the other one, they both fall down.

Everyone else makes it into the cell blocks. Fluffy followed Rol. The cell blocks all look the same. A large open room and walls that seem to have been built hundreds of years ago. All of them show signs of water damage.

On both sides of the room there are about fifteen large cages lined up against the wall. Inside the cages are the prisoners. All of the cages hold several prisoners. Some of them hold far more prisoners than their size allows. Each cage is also covered with a blue magical barrier.

In the middle of each room stands a single elf wearing a light blue robe and holding a staff made of Angelic Metal. Their faces are covered with a scarf and their hoods are up. (I really need to find a better name for the metal but I can't find a good one.)

They point their staff at the intruders and begin chanting a spell in the Angelic language. (Each cell block has one mage. And each of them is casting a different spell.)

Meanwhile the fat guard grabs a club and attacks Nix. She leaps out of the way.
The fat guard yells at the other guards who are on the floor. "Get up you cunts! Grab her!"
The two guard get back up. "Yes sir!"

Nix runs around them in an arc and creates some distance.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:09 am

Jex flourished Danielle and allowed his magic to seep through the staff. He took aim and cast.

"Sagitta Magica! Series Fulgaris!"

10 fire arrows quickly released from his staff and shot straight at the mage.

"Danielle, scan the room. What's this blue stuff?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corvo burst into the cell and released three of his cards, allowing them to protect him from any incoming projectiles. He started throwing steel tipped cards at the woman. He spun a single card in his left hand before throwing it among the rest. The card exploded in a flash of light before it came close to the mage.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Mage of Arrows

No King rules Forever
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content