» Dust to dust
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:01 pm by YpsiFang

Affiliates
free forum

ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight

Go down

ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:46 pm

We see the light of the full moon struggling to pierce through the thick canopy above. A young woman is leaning against one of the trees. Her breathing is rough and strained. She wipes the mud and dirt off her face before looking around. Her eyes are wide with fear and her heart is pounding in her chest.

A twig snaps nearby. The woman pushes herself off the tree and starts running again. Hoping that she will be able to outrun her own death.

Two glowing blue eyes flash by through the shadows.

We pan up through the trees. In the distance we see the lights of a small village and the moon above.

We hear a scream, followed by the howl of a wolf.
And then.. Silence.
--

Three days later Roltharus arrives in the village of Gavudan. A tiny and remote village in the southern parts of Centrea. In the last three months the mutilated bodies of eight young women have been found.

The ChaoZ guild had received a letter asking for aid in stopping this senseless slaughter. Roltharus was the only one available. Kiro had promised he would send back up as soon as someone became available. But that could take weeks. So it will be up to Rol alone to solve this mystery.

As Rol looks around he can see that the tiny village is completely surrounded by the forest. There are no roads here, just an excessive amount of mud.
Rol watches the Ornithopter that dropped him off here fly off into the sky.
The sun is still up and it will be a couple of hours before nightfall.

A middle aged man, with an overgrown moustache and light leather armor on, approaches Rol.
“An' what business do you 'ave in these 'ere parts stranger?” He asks as he eyes Rol over with suspicion.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight

Post  Roltharus on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:09 am

"Well, I'm about this certain, I'm here to assist." The bounty hunter said, as he positioned his open palms parallel to each other about a foot apart. 

"But knowing me, I'm just as likely to also make a mess.." He added quietly as an after thought.

"I'm from the ChaoZ, with a zed.. a zee? at the end, y'know?"

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Race: Human
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:07 pm

The man frowns. "What's a Khaos-zed-a-zee? Oh wait, yer here ta help you say? Ye must be from that guild from up north there. I didn't think ye'd show up already. So that mus' mean yer here about the murders? Good timing, we just found another body this morning. The damned bastard needs to be stopped now." The man spits on the ground and holds out his hand for Rol to shake.

"My name's Lu P. Garrow an' I'm the guard captain of this 'ere village. If ye need anything to help find the bastard I'm probably the man ye should ask. I don't know how much ye 'ave heard but I already know who's behind this mess. It's that Orc that's been sighted around here recently. We just can't seem to find that greenskinned bastard. Of course not everyone around here agrees with me. But that's their problem."  He spits on the ground again.

"I'm guessing ye want to get started with yer investigation right? Just tell me what ye wanna do first an' I'll point ya in the right direction."

(Because this is slightly different from our other RP's I'll give you a few options on how to start out. And then you'll go from there. I don't want this to turn into HB though so play it out like we normally do.)

>Ask to see the crime scene/ where the last body was found.
>Ask to see the body.
>Ask to question witnesses.
>Ask Lu some questions.

(You're gonna have to come up with the questions yourself.)
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:13 pm

(Lu P.. Lupus... A werewolf? or a red herring?) 

"Yeup, Guild guy, that's me. Also known as Roltharus." Rol took Lu's hand for a shake, used wrong hand though.. It was awkward. 

"Could I take a peek at the body, see if I can see anything uh.. Relevant to the 'vestigation" He asked Lu. Skeptical about the supposed guilty and also invisible orc.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:07 pm

(That's up to you to figure out, buddy.)

"They don't do handshakes up north or something? Ye people're weird." He shrugs after the awkward handshake.

"Ah, yeah sure. We took the body up to the temple. The priest, Father Alfa, is the person in charge of preparing bodies for funerals. He's a good guy." He points up to a small white marble building standing on top of the hill.

"Go up there and ask him about it. He'll let you see the body. He's the one that suggested we get outside help." He nods at Rol.

As Rol makes his way up the hill he notices just how small this village really is. There only seem to be about 30 buildings here in total.

He reaches the temple, the door is wide open. Inside he sees a bald man wearing a light blue robe. He's facing away from the entrance so he does not notice Rol entering the building.
There seem to be no windows, the only light source here seem to be a few candles spread across the room. Also the tiny bit of sunlight coming in through the entrance.
On the side there is an altar to the god of light, Eli.
On the other side is a closed door.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:58 pm

(that's.. that's a lot of wolf related names..)

"I'm sure they do, I'm just terrible at them." Rol said, contentedly. He listened to Lu's instructions of who to talk to and where to go.

"Can I just waltz right in? No appointment needed?" Rol didn't really care either way, he'd head in anyways, but asking was the polite thing to do. 

__

As he reached the open doors tot he temple he took a quick note of his surroundings before knocking on one of the already open doors to make his presence known to the bald man inside. "Hello, outside help reporting for duty."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:32 pm

(Trust me, it gets worse.)

Father Alfa turned around slowly. When he saw Rol at the entrance he seemed to squint his eyes and paused for a second. After a short awkward silence he threw his hands up in the air. "Eli welcomes you into his Light, my friend!"

He then walks towards Rol, lowering his hands slowly as he walks. "You must be from the guild we contacted. Welcome to our little village of Gavudan. How can I be of assistance to you, my friend?"
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:31 am

"Yes, the uh.. lord be with you also..?" Rol responded to the father's greeting. 

"Yeah, I'm from the guild." Rol continued "And I was just wondering if I could look at the last victim, and see if I could sus out any clues from the body.."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Spoiler:
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:57 pm

"Ah, yes of course. I was about to start preparing the body for the funeral. That room over there is where I do preparations for all funerals." He points to the closed door to the side. "It's already in there. So you can have a look if you like. I don't recommend it though, the body was.. let's say mauled beyond recognition. It's not a pretty sight and I doubt you'd find anything worthwhile."

There is a short awkward silence as he seems to wait for your answer.

(This is the point where I point out that you can also inspect the people you talk to by doing an analysis (Mind) roll. You might find clues. Some of which are not important or red herrings, others are important clues. Just have Rol take a closer look at someone or something you're suspicious about and I'll roll for you. Unfortunately Rol's mind stat is low so the results might not always be optimal. But I'll make sure you have enough clues to figure it out in the end. Hopefully.)
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down