ChaoZ Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord

Chatbox
Latest topics
» Pkmn hash brown Discussion
ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 am by Roltharus

» Denizen's Curse
ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:03 am by Roltharus

» Race designs
ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:35 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Pokemon Hash brown version
ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2023 7:26 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight
ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 6:04 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath
ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:34 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.
ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm by Roltharus

» Jex Cahill Storyline
ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 pm by Jex Cahill

» General Val RP discussion thread.
ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:15 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

Affiliates
free forum

ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight Empty ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:46 pm

We see the light of the full moon struggling to pierce through the thick canopy above. A young woman is leaning against one of the trees. Her breathing is rough and strained. She wipes the mud and dirt off her face before looking around. Her eyes are wide with fear and her heart is pounding in her chest.

A twig snaps nearby. The woman pushes herself off the tree and starts running again. Hoping that she will be able to outrun her own death.

Two glowing blue eyes flash by through the shadows.

We pan up through the trees. In the distance we see the lights of a small village and the moon above.

We hear a scream, followed by the howl of a wolf.
And then.. Silence.
--

Three days later Roltharus arrives in the village of Gavudan. A tiny and remote village in the southern parts of Centrea. In the last three months the mutilated bodies of eight young women have been found.

The ChaoZ guild had received a letter asking for aid in stopping this senseless slaughter. Roltharus was the only one available. Kiro had promised he would send back up as soon as someone became available. But that could take weeks. So it will be up to Rol alone to solve this mystery.

As Rol looks around he can see that the tiny village is completely surrounded by the forest. There are no roads here, just an excessive amount of mud.
Rol watches the Ornithopter that dropped him off here fly off into the sky.
The sun is still up and it will be a couple of hours before nightfall.

A middle aged man, with an overgrown moustache and light leather armor on, approaches Rol.
“An' what business do you 'ave in these 'ere parts stranger?” He asks as he eyes Rol over with suspicion.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight Empty Re: ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight

Post  Roltharus Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:09 am

"Well, I'm about this certain, I'm here to assist." The bounty hunter said, as he positioned his open palms parallel to each other about a foot apart. 

"But knowing me, I'm just as likely to also make a mess.." He added quietly as an after thought.

"I'm from the ChaoZ, with a zed.. a zee? at the end, y'know?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Race: Human
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:07 pm

The man frowns. "What's a Khaos-zed-a-zee? Oh wait, yer here ta help you say? Ye must be from that guild from up north there. I didn't think ye'd show up already. So that mus' mean yer here about the murders? Good timing, we just found another body this morning. The damned bastard needs to be stopped now." The man spits on the ground and holds out his hand for Rol to shake.

"My name's Lu P. Garrow an' I'm the guard captain of this 'ere village. If ye need anything to help find the bastard I'm probably the man ye should ask. I don't know how much ye 'ave heard but I already know who's behind this mess. It's that Orc that's been sighted around here recently. We just can't seem to find that greenskinned bastard. Of course not everyone around here agrees with me. But that's their problem."  He spits on the ground again.

"I'm guessing ye want to get started with yer investigation right? Just tell me what ye wanna do first an' I'll point ya in the right direction."

(Because this is slightly different from our other RP's I'll give you a few options on how to start out. And then you'll go from there. I don't want this to turn into HB though so play it out like we normally do.)

>Ask to see the crime scene/ where the last body was found.
>Ask to see the body.
>Ask to question witnesses.
>Ask Lu some questions.

(You're gonna have to come up with the questions yourself.)
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:13 pm

(Lu P.. Lupus... A werewolf? or a red herring?) 

"Yeup, Guild guy, that's me. Also known as Roltharus." Rol took Lu's hand for a shake, used wrong hand though.. It was awkward. 

"Could I take a peek at the body, see if I can see anything uh.. Relevant to the 'vestigation" He asked Lu. Skeptical about the supposed guilty and also invisible orc.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:07 pm

(That's up to you to figure out, buddy.)

"They don't do handshakes up north or something? Ye people're weird." He shrugs after the awkward handshake.

"Ah, yeah sure. We took the body up to the temple. The priest, Father Alfa, is the person in charge of preparing bodies for funerals. He's a good guy." He points up to a small white marble building standing on top of the hill.

"Go up there and ask him about it. He'll let you see the body. He's the one that suggested we get outside help." He nods at Rol.

As Rol makes his way up the hill he notices just how small this village really is. There only seem to be about 30 buildings here in total.

He reaches the temple, the door is wide open. Inside he sees a bald man wearing a light blue robe. He's facing away from the entrance so he does not notice Rol entering the building.
There seem to be no windows, the only light source here seem to be a few candles spread across the room. Also the tiny bit of sunlight coming in through the entrance.
On the side there is an altar to the god of light, Eli.
On the other side is a closed door.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:58 pm

(that's.. that's a lot of wolf related names..)

"I'm sure they do, I'm just terrible at them." Rol said, contentedly. He listened to Lu's instructions of who to talk to and where to go.

"Can I just waltz right in? No appointment needed?" Rol didn't really care either way, he'd head in anyways, but asking was the polite thing to do. 

__

As he reached the open doors tot he temple he took a quick note of his surroundings before knocking on one of the already open doors to make his presence known to the bald man inside. "Hello, outside help reporting for duty."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:32 pm

(Trust me, it gets worse.)

Father Alfa turned around slowly. When he saw Rol at the entrance he seemed to squint his eyes and paused for a second. After a short awkward silence he threw his hands up in the air. "Eli welcomes you into his Light, my friend!"

He then walks towards Rol, lowering his hands slowly as he walks. "You must be from the guild we contacted. Welcome to our little village of Gavudan. How can I be of assistance to you, my friend?"
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:31 am

"Yes, the uh.. lord be with you also..?" Rol responded to the father's greeting. 

"Yeah, I'm from the guild." Rol continued "And I was just wondering if I could look at the last victim, and see if I could sus out any clues from the body.."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:57 pm

"Ah, yes of course. I was about to start preparing the body for the funeral. That room over there is where I do preparations for all funerals." He points to the closed door to the side. "It's already in there. So you can have a look if you like. I don't recommend it though, the body was.. let's say mauled beyond recognition. It's not a pretty sight and I doubt you'd find anything worthwhile."

There is a short awkward silence as he seems to wait for your answer.

(This is the point where I point out that you can also inspect the people you talk to by doing an analysis (Mind) roll. You might find clues. Some of which are not important or red herrings, others are important clues. Just have Rol take a closer look at someone or something you're suspicious about and I'll roll for you. Unfortunately Rol's mind stat is low so the results might not always be optimal. But I'll make sure you have enough clues to figure it out in the end. Hopefully.)
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:05 am

(LET'S TRY THIS NEW MECHANIC RN)

Rol suspiciously eyed the father as he paused, before he continued into the room he was directed to "Just this room?" 

(assuming this is possible)
The bounty hunter took in his surroundings as he entered. He went up to the body and began to inspect the wounds.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:29 am

Rol looks over Father Alfa but doesn't notice anything out of place. He just looks like a normal priest.

"Yes, that's the room. It's the only other room in this temple this village can't really afford anything larger." He follows Rol into the room.

Rol quickly notices just how small the room is. The closet space back in the ChaoZ Inn is larger than this. Then again the closet space in the Inn is larger than most closet spaces.
In the middle of the room there's a long table that is almost as long as the room. There is no space between the table and the back wall.
Two candles on either side of the small room are the only light sources in here.

On the table is a bloody sheet covering what seems to be the body. When Rol removes the sheet kinda regrets doing this.
If it wasn't for the head being mostly intact it would be hard to tell this was once a living human.

There seems to be some blood smeared on her face but not as much as you'd expect considering the state of the rest of the body. It seems to have been cleaned recently.
Or at least there was an attempt to clean it. The hair is still covered in blood.

The only wound on the head itself seems to be a small scratch on the forehead. Almost as if the killer took special care to not damage it.

One of the most striking things about the head are the eyes. They are completely white. No pupils or anything. Which is obviously highly unusual. Rol isn't quite sure what could cause this.

Upon examining  the body itself Rol finds a few clues as well.
The first thing he notices are the lack of bite marks. There's no signs of teeth of any kind being involved. 
Also there doesn't seem to be any large parts of the body missing. Sure everything is heavily mutilated but most of it is still here.
So whatever killed this young woman did not feed on her body. Or if it did then it didn't eat much.

The injuries she sustained seem to have been done by something large and sharp.

Father Alfa is standing next to Rol watching him examine the body. Rol could probably ask him some questions too.

(Not sure if I should tell you how well you rolled. Would you prefer if I did or would you rather not know. The latter way seems more immersive but the former can help you by making it more obvious when you miss something. Like when you roll very good you know whatever info I give will be accurate and probably not a red herring, and visa versa.)
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:15 am

(Keep the rolls a secret, no metagaming.. I bet this is a town of werewolves, with a Van Helsing-esque vigilante is the murderer, and the moral conundrum will b who is the true evil)

"That's very unfortunate." Rol said immediately after lifting the sheet of the body. He looked at Father Alfa, both because it's polite to look at someone when your talking to them and because ew gross dead body. "Lu told me there were others before. Were you the one to deal with the other victims? Were they similarly uh.. carved?" He asked.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:12 pm

(Inb4 it's just a village of furries.)

"Yes, I'm the only one willing to do this job, preparing a body for funerals I mean. Not everyone can handle it, especially not when the body looks like..this." He pauses.

"But yes, all the victims looked like this when they were found. Some were even worse off. I'll spare you the gruesome details though."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:01 am

"As much as I hate to say it, the gruesome details might be what I'm looking for." Rol looked back at the remains of the victim. "Has they're been anything in common with the victims?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:10 pm

"Well, if you insist. The body you just saw was obviously horrifically mutilated. But it was still in one piece for the most part. Same can't be said for some of the previous victims. The worst case was the one we found about a month ago. At first we only found the lower half. Took us three days to find the rest of her. The parts that hadn't been eaten by the local wild beasts at least."
Father Alfa explains while covering the body back up with the sheet.

"As for things they had in common, just the obvious bits. They were all young women from this village. The youngest was 15, the oldest 24 I believe. I wouldn't know if there was anything else they had in common but maybe somebody else in the village might know more."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:58 am

"Have they been identified? So I know who I'm asking around about?"

Rol pondered the information he was given, but wasn't smart enough to figure out anything with it.

"When did the attacks start?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:13 pm

"It's a small village my son. When someone goes missing here it's obvious. So yes, the victims have been identified."

He then points to the body you just inspected and says: "The one you just saw was Leice-anne Trupi. She was pretty well known because she was the last of her family. The Trupi's had been the local nobles long ago. They were still well respected in the village. Her father and uncle died in one of the recent wars, while her mother died when she gave birth to her. She was raised by her aunt who died last year of what was probably a heart attack."

He then tells Rol the names of all the other victims and a bit of information about them. There's eight of them in total.

(I'm not gonna make up 7 names for dead NPC's lol. Just assume all of them are wolf puns.)

Father Alfa rubs his chin, he seems to be trying to remember. After a few seconds he says: "We found the first victim about three months ago I believe."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:03 am

"Right, that makes sense. Quite terrifying also." Rol paused for a moment. Thinking his thoughts. "Has there been a curfew introduced? As some sort of prevention method."

"Three months... Does that correlate with a change of some sort to the Village?" Rol asked. "Also I apologize for the question grilling."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:50 pm

"No, there was no curfew introduced." Father Alfa answered.

"I can't think of any change to the village occurring three months ago. Some in the town suspect the orc that was sighted. We don't know how long he's been around however. If he hasn't already moved on by this point. He could have been here for three months or longer possibly. That is if there even was an orc at all. I've never seen him myself."

He waves his hand. "Don't worry my son. Asking questions is what we hired you for. So I will answer any question you have." He smiles warmly at Rol. " Just a word of advice though. Not everyone in the village will be so willing to cooperate. Some villagers protested against our decision to ask for outside help. Some of us are rather distrusting of outsiders. Especially in these troubling times."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:23 am

"Maybe that idea could be brought up at the next town hall meeting or whatever." Rol sighed. "Doubt it's an orc, at least not involved with the attacks, no idea if there is one or not."

"Not trusting of strangers? Makes sense, at least that means they listened to their parents..." He trailed off, trying to think of his next step.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:26 pm

"Well we were hoping this problem would be solved before the next village meeting."

"I suggest you go talk to the other villagers. You'll probably find some people at the Inn. It won't be as busy as it normally is though. While there isn't a curfew you'll find that most people don't leave their homes much these days." He says. " You can spot the Inn's sign from up this hill so you shouldn't have any problems finding it."
--

>You could follow Father Alfa's suggestion.
>Or you could try to find Lu and ask to see the spot where the body was found.
>Or maybe you have questions for Lu himself

>Or maybe you have another question for Father Alfa.
>Or you could put on a dress and run into the forest and hope the culprit mistakes you for a young woman and maybe lure them out.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:04 am

"Well, thanks for all the assistance Father, I hope I'll be able to put it to good use." Rol said, as he started to leave. "I'll be sure to check out the inn." And he would, later after finding a wig..   but he thought there might be some value in looking at the location the body was found and for that he'd probably need to find he look authorities and as far as Rol knew, that meant that Lu fellow.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:40 pm

"If you need me for anything later you can find me here." Father Alfa says to Rol as he leaves.

Rol makes his way down the hill and quickly finds Lu who seems to be patrolling. When Rol asks him about the location where they found the body Lu agrees to take him there.
The walk there takes about half an hour and takes them through dense tree growth.

About halfway there Lu asks "So ya think ye'll be able tae catch the bastard?"

--
Eventually They arrive at the spot. Rol immediately realizes it when he sees the blood still splattered all over the trees and leaves.

"'Ere it is. She was lying right about there." He points to a spot where there is a lot of dried blood on the leaves. Seems to have been a large puddle before it dried up.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:08 am

"I know I'll be able to catch him." Roltharus said with the utmost confidence, but thought to himself, "No idea how fast though."

He started to look around the site Lu had taken him, he tried to find anything that might signify where the killer my have gone, scraps of clothes, hair, broken branches. "Hmm, it's tragic, how are the families taking the deaths?" Rol said, still trying to evaluate crime scene
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Rol first noticing that there's plenty of broken branches lying around. There's also a lot of footprints everywhere. They seem to belong to a large group of people. They seem to be coming from and/or going to the direction of the village.

Rol finds some scraps of clothes but he recognizes them as the same fabric as the victim was wearing. So it's probably scraps of her dress.

Then he notices other tracks, these are not human. They seem to belong to a very large canine. These tracks seem to be coming and going from the opposite direction of the village.
There don't seem to be any other footprints around. If there were they were probably trampled by all these other tracks.

"They not be taking it well, I can tell ye that." Lu sighs. "Most families 'ave locked themselves in their own homes. Others have started drownin' their grief in alcohol. People be on edge all the time. There's a lot o' talk about abandoning the village fer a safer place." He shakes his head. "That ain't gonna work though. There ain't no such thing as a safe place around 'ere. You'd have tae travel east fer at least a month through bandit territory, all in the hope tae find shelter with one of the Remnants of the Order of Light. Don't get me wrong, ay 'm a religious man an' all, but those nuts take it way tuu far."

"There's only one solution 'ere, that fuckin' Orc needs tae die. That's the only way we'll ever restore peace in this 'ere village." He spits on the ground.

Suddenly Rol notices some blood smears on the ground. They appear to be going the same direction as the Canine tracks. They don't go very far though. They cut off abruptly a meter away. However there doesn't seem to be any blood on the trees here.
Only on the trees around where the body had been found.
Something seems off about this.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next