ChaoZ Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord

Chatbox
Latest topics
» Pkmn hash brown Discussion
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 am by Roltharus

» Denizen's Curse
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:03 am by Roltharus

» Race designs
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:35 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Pokemon Hash brown version
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2023 7:26 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 6:04 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:34 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm by Roltharus

» Jex Cahill Storyline
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 pm by Jex Cahill

» General Val RP discussion thread.
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:15 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

Affiliates
free forum

Necropalypse: The River of Souls

5 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 24 Empty Re: Necropalypse: The River of Souls

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:29 pm

The shadows were just as easy to manipulate as they normally were. Rol made his shadow platform without problems. Aside from the Lemure that jumped at him. Luckily Val stepped in between him and the lemure and held it off with her sword.
Allowing Reathy to pull out it's tail.

"Can you make us an easy path towards the center island Rol?" Val asked.
Several more lemures climbed on their island. Their weight seemed to bring the glass island off balance. And Rol and Val started sliding across the glass surface.
"This is bad."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 24 Empty Re: Necropalypse: The River of Souls

Post  Roltharus Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:44 pm

"I could do that, but probably won't be able to keep any of the should-not-walks off of it, that'd be up to you guys." Rol said as he slid. He moved the platform, so that he slid on to it, then went to grab Val to bring her on it as well.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Race: Human
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:36 am

"We can probably do that." Reathy nodded. Val nodded as well.
Val grabbed Rol's hand as he grabbed her. She stepped on the platform. Two of the creatures slid down towards the platform. "Now would be a good time to get going."
As Rol did his thing Val pushed the creatures off the island with her magic before they reached the platform. Reathy hovered over Rol and Val, covering them from above.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:23 am

"So aside from getting to where ever we're going.. What's the plan again?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:29 pm

"Step one investigate and figure out what's wrong with this place.

Step two, fix it.
Step three, uh???
Step four profit."

"Yeah, that's about it."

Reathy blasted several of the creatures off the path Rol was making. Causing them to fall all the way down. It didn't take long for Rol and Val to reach the middle Island. Partly because of Rol's path and partly because distance doesn't make sense here. Fortunately the creatures were apparently not very good at jumping so they couldn't follow.
They just stood silently watching from the smaller Islands eventually drifting away.

The middle island was huge compared to the others. It also didn't seem to rotate unlike the ones around it. It was made out of the same black glass though. In the middle stood a large pillar also made out of black glass.

It was on that pillar that the river of souls came down or went up, again it was hard to tell.
"That looks like a good place to start investigating."

"Be careful something powerful is nearby." Reathy said as they landed next to Rol and Val.
When they walked closer to the pillar they noticed something standing near it. It seemed humanoid and was wearing armor made of the same black glass as the Islands.
It showed no signs of life.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:46 am

Rol stared at the lifeless looking creature.

"I'll be honest, I am getting sick of boss fights."

"Should we like tie its shoelaces together so when it gets up, and we know it will, it'll trip then we can laugh and maybe it'll cry?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:33 pm

"What boss fights?"

"Go ahead. I'm not going anywhere near that thing. It creeps me out."

"What are you talking about? It's wearing armor made of glass. There are no shoelaces."

"Too bad, that would have been hilarious. Ooh, we can use rope instead."

"I think Rol is rubbing off on you sis."

"No he's not. We're saving that for in the bedroom later."

"... Ugh. We did not need to know that."

Suddenly the conversation was interupted when the river of souls started pulsating. A dark figure appeared to walk out of the pillar. It seemed to be made out of a mix of shadows and ectoplasm, just like a wraith. But it was shaped like a man, unlike wraiths.

A slightly familliar voice came from the Wraith like man. He turned to Reathy. "You boy, you should be dead how did you.. Ah, Reganya I should have known a traitor like you would interfere with my plans."

"Anhiroman.. You.. You should be dead.."
Reathy trembles.

"Ren, you know him?"
Val asks, preparing her sword.

"Yes, he's.. the former leader of necropalypse. He's the Wraith king."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:24 am

"Ayyyyy." Rol smirked and pointed at Val for her double entendre. He started going closer to the glass armored fellow before the dark figure appeared.

"Fuck, this guy again? Didn't it take like nine of us and your mom to deal with him?"

Rol sighed.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:13 pm

"Ten of you and my aunt actually." Val said.

Reathy regained their composure and summoned their shadow scythe. "He had an army last time and we won. We can do it again."

"You believe you won? The only reason you beat me was because I wanted that. My defeat lured Death to collect my soul and she fell right into the trap."
He walked forward calmly.

"And then your partner betrayed and killed you. How'd that work out for you?"
Val taunted.

"My death allowed me to follow the river of souls and brought me here. Allowing me to start the third and final necropalypse! Soon everthing in Val shall be undead and under my control!"

"Touche."

"That was not what our organization was for! We were supposed to end war and suffering but not like this!"

"There is no other way Reganya! Only as undead under my rule will there be peace among the people of Val!"

"That's not peace!"

"Really Ren, with a name like necropalypse you should have seen this coming."

"..."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:46 pm

"Yeah Ren, I'm entirely sure you've had this argument with him already actually."

Rol made sure his guns were loaded. "Anyway, round 2, let's fuck 'em up."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:19 am

"Rol is right. Enough talk, this bastard is the reason my aunt is dead. I don't want to hear another word out of him, I just want him dead." Doomy says.
Reathy starts hovering above the ground preparing to attack.

"Yes time for revenge." Val puts both hands on her sword.

"So be it." The wraith king says. He walks into the glass armor much like Reganya jumps into doomy. The eyes of the thing in the armor glow green and it starts moving. A step forward, a movement of the hand. It takes him a few seconds to get used to his new body.

Reathy charges at him and attempts to strike him.

He picks up the halberd next to him and blocks Reathy's scythe.

Val charges behind Reathy and follows up on their attack. Her sword strikes his arm but the armor deflects the attack.

The wraith king swings his halberd and a shockwave sends both Val and Reathy flying back.

"Agh." Val gets back on her feet. "We need to get him out of that thing as fast as possible."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:57 am

"Knew I should've tied his shoelaces together."

The bounty hunter started shooting at the armoured wraith king, testing the effectiveness of his guns.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:53 pm

"What part of his armor not having shoelaces don't you get? Ugh never mind." Reathy sighed.

The bullets hit the armor and slightly cracked the glass but ricocheted back almost hitting reathy. Luckily they were transparent and the bullet passed through them.
"Whoa fuck."

"Shooting the armor isn't very safe apparently. I'd appreciate not being shot in the head accidentally." Val commented.

"We need a better way to get through that armor." Reathy said before charging back at the wraith king.

"Try all you want. I spent weeks perfecting this vessel to be perfect, you cannot defeat it." He raises his hand and fires a beam of green necro spirit energy at Reathy. Knocking them out of the sky.

Val cast a spell that made a giant wall of shadows and made it crash down towards him. But the wraith king used his halberd to smash a hole into the shadow wall and jumped through.
The Shadow wall lay in pieces around him.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:38 pm

"Whoops. I should have expected that outcome. Sorry." Rol sighed. "Why do my main weapons always like, not work?"

He watched as the wraith king broke Val's shadow wall. "Well, that was convenient." Rol began to manipulate the pieces of the shadow wall into his favoured shadow needles, then looked of the armor again, and changed them into mace-lake objects. "Smash time?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:59 pm

(Shooting the general in the eye worked. But mostly its to keep battles more interesting than you emptying your gun until the enemy is dead. Also, magic.)

"The GM gods must not like guns." Val answered Rol.
"You're welcome." She said as Rol manipulated the shadows she had made for him to use.
She nodded. "Smash time."

Reathy sent three ghosts to attack the wraith king. But he simply absorbed them.

He shot another beam of spirit energy at them. This time they dodged it.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:58 pm

(ya, worked for like 12 second slol)

"Apparently." Rol nodded at Val's statement. Avoiding the beam, the bounty hunter prompted. "Okay, while I did just say smash time, let's uh do strategy first. Refresher on wraithy's abilities? Also, how friendly do you think him and the shouldn't-walks are?"

While he was talking, Rol used his shadow maces absentmindedly, they tried to hit the wraith king, but with no real target or idea in mind.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:48 pm

(I probably wasn't clear enough about his healing not being completed when you shot him again. That's why he ran. You interupted his healing, which by the way he was doing by sucking the life out of you. Even the undead find being shot in the eyes extremely uncomfortable. So your guns won you that battle. )

"How am I supposed to know? I wasn't there last time." Val says as she dodges another spirit energy beam.

"Honestly We don't even remember either." Reathy says while firing Ectoplasm blasts at the wraith king. Unfortunatly they only seem to cover his armor in slime.

"They seemed not to be able to jump so  we won't have to deal with them, hopefully. Perhaps we should ask him. " Val said about the shouldn't-walks.

"No! That might cause him to send them at us or something."

Meanwhile the shadow hammers seem to be at least keeping him at bay.

(Original necro was so long ago I don't remember what his abilities were lol. But he was holding back so whatever he used back then was probably not something he'll do again anyway)
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:36 am

"Good job with the strategizing guys we are undoubtedly going to be easily victorious." The bounty hunter's sarcasm was more biting than usual, Rol sighed, he did not want to deal with this guy. "I'm going to assume we want him out of the armor first. Or do we want to see if restraining the armor keeps him restrained and throw him off the island?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:09 am

"Throwing him off the Island seems fun, let's do that." Val says.

"What? Are you serious? That's.. Actually not a bad idea..huh." Reathy was about to dismiss the plan as silly before realizing it could actually work.

"Alright, we need to draw him to the edge first or push him there. Or Rol can just attempt to grab and throw him off."

"Hmm."

"Pushing means we have to put heavy pressure on him with attacks from one side. Drawing him to the edge means we have to be close to him AND the edge. Just throwing him is gonna be a hit or miss."

"Do we have the firepower we need for the first option? We can float off the edge but you two can't so the second option is risky. The third is a fifty fifty chance. And once he figures out what we're trying to do it'll be much harder."

While everyone was busy strategizing the Wraith king held his halberd over his head and swung it down. It hit the glass floor and cracked it. A shockwave spread over the glass Island threatening to blow everyone off of it and into the abyss below.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:23 am

"Grab'n throw is a no go, wouldn't be able to significantly entangle him and then apply the force to toss 'em. I dunno if we have enough firepower for the first option, but I'm thinking we'd better  hope we do."

Rol looked over to the wraith king as he was talking. "Oh shit." He said as the halberd came down. "Shock and awe friends, brace yourself." He created a quick shadow pillar with shadow chains hanging off of it, then latched them to himself and Val hoping the pillar would hold, keeping them from falling off. He assumed Reathy flight would be good enough to keep them safe, he hoped.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:19 pm

"Yeah, I kinda figured that would be impossible. Option one it is then."

The shockwave knocked everyone back but Rol's pillar and chains kept them from falling off the edge. Although Val and Rol were now quite close to the edge. Reathy had managed to fly out of range.

The wraith king pulled his halberd out of the glass floor and started walking towards everyone.

Once Val had regained her balance she stepped away from the edge. She pointed her sword at the approaching wraith king. "Throw everything you've got at him!" She ordered.

Reathy flew back in and sent multiple ghosts at the Wraith king. But this time the ghosts exploded before he could absorb them.

Val fired a beam of darkness magic at him.

The attacks begin to him back. He attempts to return fire with more undead energy beams.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:40 am

"Is there any possibility of exploding a ghost after he absorbs it? Or does it just become an unmanipulatable mesh of energy at that point?"

Rol asked Reathy. While he was talking he shot explosives at the wraith king, via a shadow slingshot while carefully watching the wraith kings distance from the edge.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:40 pm

"Once he absorbs them they are out of our control. He assumes full control over them."
Reathy answers. Continuing to send explosive ghosts.

"Is there a delay? Could you explode it just as he starts absorbing it?" Val asks.
She then chants and charges up mana for another darkness beam.

"Possibly. There's only a half second window to pull that off. Extremely tricky to get the timing right but we can try." They dodge another energy beam from the wraith king.

Val points her sword and fires her second beam. "Good. Try it a couple times."

The explosions and darkness beams start to chip away at the glass armor. He's been pushed back to where he was originally, in the middle of the island.

The party themselves manage to get away from the edge and into a relatively safer position.

The wraith king prepares to swing his halberd again. But the constant assault makes it hard for him.

"Keep pressing him back, it's working!"
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:17 pm

"He's gonna be able to fly isn't he? He is. I can feel it. Fuck." Rol said to himself, still firing a few explosives at the wraith king, aiming at his arms to prevent him from successfully swinging his halberd.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:28 pm

Rols explosives made the wraith king lose his balance. And one of Reathy's ghosts knocked him over. He hit the ground and his halberd followed.

When the halberd hit the ground another shockwave was released. It flung the Wraith king himself towards the edge. The armor was heavy enough to keep him from rolling too close to the edge.

The shockwave was about to hit the party too.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next