ChaoZ Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord

Chatbox
Latest topics
» Pkmn hash brown Discussion
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 am by Roltharus

» Denizen's Curse
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:03 am by Roltharus

» Race designs
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:35 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Pokemon Hash brown version
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2023 7:26 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 6:04 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:34 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm by Roltharus

» Jex Cahill Storyline
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 pm by Jex Cahill

» General Val RP discussion thread.
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:15 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

Affiliates
free forum

ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.

3 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 7 Empty Re: ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:40 pm

(I should probably clarify, Jex currently isn't a body of Mana. Rather he's a body of Psionic energy. Closer to what Rol uses. Mana is used for magic spells only, the spells you're casting now are drawing from Danielle who IS a body of Mana. While Jex cannot use Psionic energy all living beings have it, just like how Rol also has mana but can't use it.
Right now the difference isn't actually important. But in the future when you're up against someone who uses something that isn't Mana the distinction might be important. So I figured I'd mention this so nobody gets confused in the future.)

The staff begins glowing with an icy aura and the ground beneath it freezes. The staff starts slipping and sliding down the ice gaining speed at first. But then small pillars of ice burst out of the ground. The staff rolls into them, and one of the ice pillars seems to stop the staff. But it only lasts a second and it starts sliding again, but at a much lower speed.

"That slowed us down so that's good. But we're still heading towards the water. I only have enough energy for one more spell, so this will be our last chance." Mini-Danielle says. Jex notices his little blue companion is getting even smaller with each spell.

--

The Night wraith's eyes scan the room before falling on Corvo. She looks him right in the eyes without blinking. "Ever heard of personal space? Back off." She demands.

In the background Sarinnae is ordering some lower ranked members of Corvo's crew to go look through the archive for any information on the Night Wraiths identity.

Nix turns to Rol. "Maybe we should just wait. We can ask for healing again later. When they're not busy with the Night Wraith."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 7 Empty Re: ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.

Post  Roltharus Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:26 am

"Maybe, but I doubt they're gonna find again about her. At least not coming from her."  Rol looked around at the hustling of the gang. 

"Well as long as Night lady doesn't flip out and kill everyone that's all good. I'm not sure if looking for Jex's staff is a good idea with local law enforcement out to get us but i'm not sure what else we can do." 
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Race: Human
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Jex wasn't sure what else to do and frankly he wasn't entirely sure he wanted to do more. Danielle was getting smaller by the spell and he was afraid to see her blink out of existence. He thought for a second and asked,

"Any ideas?"

Corvo stood his ground and didn't budge when the woman spoke. He tried to dig as deep as he could trying to find out where he'd seen her before.

"Who are you?"
Jex Cahill
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Name: Jex Cahill
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:33 am

"Hmm, fire magic won't help us. Light magic won't either. That's all the elements I know you have. Unless you have some you haven't used with me around. Or if the GM is forgetting one.
Our best bet is to try another ice spell. The last one almost worked and we are going slower now. So it should be easier to stop the staff now. We could still fail but our odds are a bit higher now.
But if we're going to do it.. it needs to happen now. We're getting really close to the water."

Mini-Danielle scratches her horns.
--
Meanwhile outside the guy chasing the staff has gotten back up and resumed his chase. Only to slip and fall on the trail of ice left behind by the staff. He starts sliding down. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck"
--

"Eh, local law enforcement isn't really that competent. I doubt they even know what we look like. Your Manticore might draw a bit too much attention though. I mean just look at him. He's just so freaking adorable." Nix says.

The Night Wraith doesn't even blink. "You actually think I'd answer that question? Now. Back. Off." She glares.

Corvo feels a familiar chill run down his spine. So does everyone else in the room. Most of Corvo's men instinctively take a step back. Even if they're on the other side of the room.
It's the same feeling Corvo felt just before the Night Wraith appeared in front of the prison.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:49 pm

Jex agreed. He wasn't sure if Danielle had enough in her to do water control magic so ice was probably their best bet.

"Glacie"

He tried to focus the ice this time, however, to be more rigid, dry, and solid rather than slick and thin.

Corvo shivered and held his card up to her forehead, and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Calm down there."

He didn't release the magic from the card quite yet but he tried to sense the magic property of the woman in front of him.

"I don't know. I figured I should ask and the worst I would get is a no"
Jex Cahill
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Name: Jex Cahill
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:15 pm

As the rolling staff nears the edge of the river Mana seeps out and forms around it. Suddenly in an instant the mana crystalizes into solid ice. The staff is encased almost completely in the ice. Leaving only the tip poking out.

Only two meters away the river splashes against the edge of the street. You'd think someone would build a fence here. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Either way, the staff seems to be safe for now. Hopefully the spell lasts a while.
--

"You could get far worse than a no." The Night Wraith says, her eyes focused on Corvo.

When Corvo tries to sense the womans magic he's washed over by an immense magic force. Almost as if he had opened an overheated oven and the hot air took him by surprise.
This woman's magic aura is almost overwhelming.
He has to hold on to stay standing.

Luckily he manages to that and avoids embarrassing himself in front of hiw own crew by falling on his ass. Once he gets somewhat used to it he starts to get a feel of what her power even is.
First he senses a mix of Light and Darkness magic. For a moment he also feels some Mind magic and a fourth element that he can't identify because it's being drowned out by the others.

Corvo knows enough about magic to know that Mind magic is usually used for Illusion magic. It's combination with the other two (light and darkness) could possibly indicate visual illusions. (As opposed to auditory, etc.)
But this is just a guess. He has heard of mind magic being used for other kinds of magic. So it being Illusion magic is not a guarantee. 
--

"Phew, it worked." says Mini-Danielle who is only a tiny floating head now.

"We'll be safe untill the ice melts. Hopefully when it does the ground we're on isn't steep enough to get us rolling again." She blinks a few times because that's pretty much all she can do at this point.

"So.. uh.. Hi." She says awkwardly.

Now that they are temporarily safe they have nothing to do. Except talking.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm

"Yes, Fluffy is without a doubt the cutest." Rol thought for a second before continuing. "I guess we can go looking for the staff then? Manticore not included HE might be a tip off."

The bounty hunter quickly looked over at the Night lady just as the shiver goes down his spine. "What's that worst that can happen right? 
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7