ChaoZ Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord

Chatbox
Latest topics
» Pkmn hash brown Discussion
Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 am by Roltharus

» Denizen's Curse
Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:03 am by Roltharus

» Race designs
Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:35 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Pokemon Hash brown version
Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2023 7:26 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight
Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 6:04 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath
Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:34 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.
Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm by Roltharus

» Jex Cahill Storyline
Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 pm by Jex Cahill

» General Val RP discussion thread.
Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:15 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

Affiliates
free forum

Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath

2 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath - Page 4 Empty Re: Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath

Post  Roltharus Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:00 am

Rol tried to steady himself. He focused dropping an explosive into a shadow, bringing the explosive to the the crack on the wall. He could probably survive the debris, and it would definitely make the necromancer drop its concentration. It wasn't until the last sec Rol noticed the readying another spell.

"Please be gentle." Instead of trying to dodge he stayed focused on dropping the house, he weakly bolster shadows to armor him beneath his clothes, but with his haste it wouldn't even be bullet proof in strength.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Race: Human
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:43 pm

Rol sets off his explosive and blows a hole in the wall. The cracks spread over the entire wall and soon the entire wall comes tumbling down. Bringing half of the roof with it. This surprises the necromancer so much that he forgets to cast his spell.
The roof comes crashing down right on top of Rol. Luckily he has some shadows to protect him. It still hurts though.

The necromancer that was on the roof comes falling down as well. He lands face first among the debris and looks pretty badly hurt. Right next to him Rol is covered in a pile of roof. The other necromancer however was standing far enough away to avoid being hit.

Meanwhile outside the zombies were in the middle of an attack and took out 5 more militia soldiers and one town guard. When suddenly the one controlling them fell through the roof. With no one in control the horde can no longer coordinate. So their attack wave falls apart. They end up just wildly clawing at the wall and gate. Making them easy targets.
The remaining defenders throw everything they got at the zombies. Including arrows, burning oil, fire and rocks. They manage to kill dozens more of them.

The undead horde is slowly shrinking but nowhere near defeated.
There are only eleven town guards left and ten militia. If too many more of them are killed they'll be easily overrun. Their only hope now is Rol being able to kill the necromancers before they can retake control.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:57 am

"Not as bad as falling off a mountain." The bounty hunter pushed the bits of debris off of himself with shadows, and stood up, he quickly took in his surroundings. 

"Okay, first things first." Rol unloaded the rest of his clip of one of his Pews into the fallen necromancer, he spread the shoots starting at the legs then he went up. After he finished his handy work, he threw an explosive at the necromancers body, didn't activate it just left it there, for now.   

"Now, usually I'd try and find out how not undead you were and have a moral conundrum but I'll save the heroic bsod for another time, capisce?" He charged towards the not so injured necromancer, sent a roundhouse kick to its face, with the series of events that had just occurred the kick wasn't too powerful even with shadows Rol used to give it an extra umpf.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:56 am

After being shot by Rol the necromancer goes limp. Now he's just a corpse lying in a pile of rubble.
With an explosive on him for some reason.

Rol then roundhouse kicks the other necromancer in the face. He was caught off guard and stumbles back. The necromancer then tries to smack Rol with his staff but misses. Rol is now close enough to see that the necromancer is indeed undead.

That or he's extremely sick. Having grey skin and maggots in your face is probably not very healthy to say the least.

He then fires a bolt of mana at Rol from point blank. Rol is hit and pushed backwards. The spell seemed to be to create distance instead of hurting Rol. The next spell however probably will be for hurting. The Necromancer gathers more mana in his staff and points it at Rol, again.

Meanwhile outside the zombie horde is aimlessly attacking the wall. Unfortunately three more Militia men die after succumbing to earlier wounds.
The seven remaining militia soldiers are getting tired and only kill three zombies.
The eleven Guards are in better shape and manage to kill another large group of zombies.
The undead's numbers are dwindling. But they still have enough numbers for one last wave and the defenders probably wouldn't be able to stop them this time.

Back in the destroyed house the Necromancer was aiming at Rol. But then shoots a spell right past him. The bolt of green energy misses Rol by a hair's length and impacts the remaining zombies behind him instead.
It does not hurt them. Instead all 62 of them turn around, their eyes glowing green, and come charging towards Rol. Luckily they aren't very fast so they'll take some time to actually get there.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:13 am

(Question. will those zombies.. by chance... walk over the disposed of necromancer's body to get to me?)

Rol noticed the effect of the spell, after he quickly glimpsed the way of the zombies. He turned his attention back onto the necroboy. "I've always been a slut for attention."

The bounty hunter went back for his melee barrage on to the necromancer, kicking and punching at the legs and arms of the necromancer with shadow infused attacks, hoping to finish him off before the horde got too close.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:59 pm

(Answer. Yes. Some of them will.)

Rol's first punch pushes the necromancer against the wall. Causing him to be cornered. He has no way to get out and gets pummeled. His rotten arm breaks off.
In a moment of desperation he tries to unleash a spell but a kick from Rol interrupts him. Instead he blows up his other arm.
Now defenseless the necromancer tries to bite Rol. But instead gets his head smashed against the wall. He goes down.

When Rol turns around he sees the horde of zombies still charging towards him. Their eyes stop glowing green but they keep charging. Which means their backs are turned to the wall. Giving the defenders on the wall an easy target.
They loose as many arrows as they can. Killing 24 zombies.
Leaving 38 of them who are about to rush into what's left of the house.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:15 am

"Guys ever see Armageddon?" Rol activated the explosive that he left on the first necromancer once a good sized group of zombies is in its radius. "Me neither but I bet there were explosions." He braced himself for the shockwave, or debris considering the small distance.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:17 pm

The horde comes rushing into the house. Then suddenly an explosion.
Rol timed it perfectly and takes out 14 zombies and send more flying. Corpses and rotting body parts flying all over the place. Opening a path through the small horde for himself to run back to the wall if he wants.

Or he could stand and fight. Hopefully finding a way to take out the remaining 24 zombies before they overwhelm him.

Back at the wall the defenders take a short moment to rest. With the zombies out of range they can't do much else anyway. Even if they could they might hit Rol as well. They tell the empress the situation beyond the wall. She frowns, takes a mana crystal out and connects it to her shadow wall spell. Just in case.
She hurries up the steps and reaches the top just in time to see the explosion. For a moment she gasps. But when the smoke clears she sees Rol is alright. She lets out a sigh of relief. She waves at Rol.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:06 pm

(Little bit of a, little bit of b)

Rol noted the path his explosive made and chose a course of action. He bolted forward, he gave himself an initial forward push with his shadows. As he ran into the horde, he drew his guns and shot, sort of wildly. At the very least he aimed at the horde. As per usual he dropped a stray explosive to detonate when he gained distance from it. He continued for the wall, and noticed Val and waved back.

"Now where is the tragic unexpected event? I know it's gonna happen."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Rol manages to shoot six of the zombies. Killing five of them. They try to grab him as he runs through but he dodges them. They groan and pursue him as he makes for the wall.
Rol's next explosion takes out another dozen zombies.
Leaving only nine of them chasing him.

Zombies aren't very fast however and he easily outruns them. He reaches the wall and gets back up there with a hand from Val. She pulls him in for a hug. "Good job."

Back on the field the nine zombies are slowly making their way back to the wall as well. The remaining militia search for spare arrows to use.

Eryn arrives late to the party and walks up the stairs. "Your highness, my apologies for being late. The fire had spread and blocked my path. I had to find another route." Her armor was stained with burn marks and she seemed to be out of breath.

"Don't worry. We did alright. The gate still stands. At a terrible cost but it still stands." Val looks at the fallen defenders and frowns.

Eryn looks over the wall and sees the small group of zombies shambling their way over. "Only a few stragglers left to clean up it seems. Me and my men can take care of them your highness." She bows and turns to her men. "Arrows ready, Aim!"

Her men ready their bows and aim at the zombie stragglers.

In the distance Rol notices a red shape behind the ruins he just came from. It's too far away to see what it is though.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Rol returned the hug and looked at the devastation to the troops. "Are you okay Val?"

He looked back to the remaining zombie's, noticing the red figure far in the back. "Not red boy again." He said out loud, more of an afterthought than anything else.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:21 am

"I'm fine. I was focusing on keeping the gates closed. So I didn't do any fighting. Maybe I should have though. We'd have less casualties. How about you? Are you injured anywhere?" She asks looking over Rol checking for any major injuries.

She lets out a sigh of relief when she doesn't find any bad injuries on him. "Red boy? You mean the one you mentioned earlier?" She looks over to where Rol is looking.
Just then when the defenders have their arrows aimed at the zombies and are ready to fire, it happens.

"On my signal! Three, two, one, Fi-" Before Eryn can finish her command a large mass of ice blue energy comes flying towards the wall. "What the?!"
It crashes into the gate, sending it flying off its hinges and shattering Val's shadow walls. The shockwave causes several of the militia soldiers and Town Guards to lose their footing and fall off the wall.
The area around the now wide open gate is covered in crystals of Ice and the ground beneath it is completely frozen.

In the distance the red figure emerges from behind the ruins and begins walking towards the wall. They are joined by a familiar figure. Dark blue armor, long elven ears, a long dark cape and a staff that emanates frost. Rol vaguely recognizes him as one of the General's commanders, Vesbaoth the Archmage. The one Doomy fought when defending the castle months ago.

The figure in the red robe talks to Vesbaoth for a bit. Then the figure touches Vesbaoth's staff, raises their other hand and releases a blue pulse. After being hit by the blue pulse the remaining zombies suddenly have their eyes glow an ice blue.
When the pulse hits the wall The defenders feel nothing. At first they're confused but then they see movement below. Their dead comrades begin to rise with the same glowing eyes as more zombies. Unlike the other zombies these ones are still wearing their armor.
These new armored zombies charge in through the open gate.

"Well shit." Val readies her sword again. "Eryn, you and your men keep the undead from entering the town."

"Yes your Higness!" Eryn Turns around and raises her massive sword. "With me men, defend the town!" She leads the town guard down the stairs and into battle with the zombies.

"Rol, you can still fight right? You and me are going to fight them." She points at Vesbaoth and the red robe.

Just then the red robed figure takes a step back and disappears again.

"Alright, just the archmage then. We'll have to deal with Red boy later, Come." She gestures for Rol to follow. Val then closes her eyes, sprouts two huge black wings and jumps off the wall gliding safely towards the ground. Heading straight for Vesbaoth.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:46 am

"I'm probably injured in many places, not too sure don't keep inventory." Rol chuckled. He turned back towards the zombies and saw the icy blast impact towards the wall.

Other things occur, but the bounty hunter does not have any insight into them or any course of action to take until he was directed by Val. "Yeah, I'm always good for some rumbling. I hope red boy stays gone, wouldn't that be swell?"

Rol headed towards the caped archmage, sliding around with his shadows as he tried to catch up to Val.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:19 am

"Yeah, the archmage will be hard enough to fight by himself. It'd be a big problem if we had to deal with red riding hood as well." Val responded. "Let's be careful. We don't know what spells this elf has." Val folds her wings to run faster and signals to Rol to go left. She then goes right and attempts to flank the archmage.

The archmage responds by raising his staff and summoning three large ice crystals. They float around him as he gets into a fighting stance. He aims his staff at Valkyria.

Back at the wall Eryn and her men engage the group of armored zombies. In their initial attack they fall upon the zombies and catch them by surprise. They take down five of the militia zombies.

Eryn herself goes after one of the more heavily armed zombies. One of the three that used to be one of her town guard. She swings her giant sword and severs one of it's arms. It counter attacks but she uses her sword to push it away.

On top of the wall the few remaining militia soldier fire their arrows at the nine regular zombies that are still heading towards the wall. The arrows take out four of them. The remaining five are getting closer to the gate.

The militia zombies overwhelm one of the town guards and rip him to pieces. He screams in agony as his friends try but fail to save him.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:24 am

"I'll guess ice and death, but I'm known for being wrong." 

Rol went to the left side of the archmage as he was directed. He noticed the mage focusing attention on Val. "Hey buddy, were we drunk and at a bar, this might be considered poor etiquette by you." 

The bounty hunter shot a spray of bullets at the mage to try and grab his attention.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:21 pm

"I meant more specific spells. But yes, those are probably his elements."

One of the three floating ice crystals moves and shields Vesbaoth from most of tRol's bullets. But it shatters and some bullets hit the archmage's armor. This pulls his attention away from Val. He aims his staff at Rol instead.

Val notices Vesbaoth is no longer paying attention to her and grins. She keeps running and turns herself into a shadow. Disappearing from sight to try a sneak attack.

Vesbaoth shoots one of his floating crystals at Rol. It quickly flies towards him.

(The ice crystal is about the length of a human arm but twice as wide.)

Back on the wall the militia fire another volley of arrows. Only one of the zombies survives and keeps running towards the gate.

Behind the gate the battle rages on. The Town guards decapitate 6 more militia zombies before they get overwhelmed again and have to pull back to the stairs. One of the guards doesn't make it.
Eryn meanwhile kicks one of the Guard zombies to the ground and slices him in half. The two other guard zombies approach her.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:01 am

"Safe enough to assume like.. All of them." 

Rol created a shadow wall with a more spongy consistency as an attempt to cushion and 'catch' the crystal. He rushed towards the mage, trying to keep his attention. He ready some explosives but waited for Val to do what she wanted.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 pm

The crystal bounces off the shadow wall and shatters when it hits the ground. Vesbaoth gets ready to launch another attack but that's when Val appears behind him.
His last crystal quickly moves in between him and Val. She wings her sword right through the crystal and makes a gash in his armor. He stumbles back and has to balance himself with his staff.
He grumbles.

He looks at Val and then at Rol. He thinks for a short moment and slams his staff against the ground. Ice and frost spread in a wide area around him making the ground slippery.
Val does her best to avoid falling on her ass.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:04 am

Rol, unable to find his footing slipped on the ice but his explosive slipped out of his hand towards the mage. "Dang climate change is crazy."

He tried to regain balance, while he looked to where the explosive might have landed, to see if it was in a decent place to detonate.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:33 am

The explosive lands right in front of Vesbaoth's feet. He however does not notice because he's busy aiming his staff at Val.
She almost falls on her ass but extends her wings and flies up. Being in the air allows her to avoid the ice completely.

Vesbaoth fires an ice blast out of his staff. The same kind that busted open the gates earlier. A massive ball of ice cold energy hits Val straight in the chest. It explodes and she is blasted away. She roughly lands a couple of feet away. Just beyond the icy ground.
She gets back on her feet but her armor is damaged and frosted over. She spreads her wings again, ready to attack again.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:37 am

Rol activated the explosive when he saw Val was blasted away, content he wasn't about to blow up his girlfriend. He doubted there would be too much of an effect, with the thought of magic armor, wards and other defensive spells likely at the mages disposal but it may allow for re-positioning and shaking someone up kept them from cementing a plan.

"No more kiting."

Rol slide towards the mage, he used his shadows to steady himself. Pew and Pew out, with their blades unsheathed.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:17 am

Vesbaoth has no idea what hit him when a sudden explosion blasts him back and he falls on the ground. He shakes his head to stop the ringing in his ears and gets back on his feet. But then he's struck by a ball of flame from the side. His cape catches on fire but he quickly puts it out with his frost staff. His armor is covered in scorch marks now.

He looks up and sees Val flying right at him with another flame in her hand. He then turns to Rol who is also coming right for him. He holds up his staff and three more ice crystals appear floating around him. He then charges up his staff with mana and aims at Val again.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:35 pm

"Come on pal, pay a bit more attention to me I'll start to feel neglected."

Rol tried to dodge past the ice crystals to get in stab range of the mage, less for damage and more to hold him in place for Val magic fires.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Rol slips past the crystals but Vesbaoth notices and quickly grabs him by the throat. Being this close now Rol notices Vesbaoth's pale white skin that almost looks frozen. His extra long ears mean that he was a wood elf back when he was still alive. His icy blue eyes gare at Rol.

Rol suddenly feels an extreme coldness spread over his throat. Vesbaoth's cold seeps through Rols clothes and slowly spreads. Rol feels himself being slowly frozen alive and it hurt like Hel.

Suddenly Val smashes through a crystal and tackles Vesbaoth. He lets go of Rol and is dragged away before Val throws him against a ruined house. His crystals both shatter and he slumps against the wall for a moment. He shakes his head and gets back on his feet.

"Enough. This ends now." He says as he starts charging up his staff. Immense amounts of mana gather around him and the wall behind him begins to freeze.

Val lands next to Rol. "You okay? I'd say I'd help you warm up but this isn't exactly the best time for that." She appears to be slightly out of breath. "He's going to try to unleash something powerful. We should try to make sure he can't."

She then leans in closer and whispers. "Try to take that staff away from him."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:49 am

"You sure? Might throw him off his game." Rol replied to Val, with a shallow chuckle, the cold and the pain leaving him out of breath.

He nodded as Val suggestion, and quickly tried to regain composure. "Ends now? Fair enough." He charged forward with his shadows moved towards the mage, he dropped a couple explosive on to the shadows so they could carry them towards the big bad (maybe not the biggest bad but anyway). As he got closer, once again pistol blades out this time he was a bit more wary of the Mage's melee but simultaneous a bit slower with the focus he had on the shadows that were still moving forward.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next