ChaoZ Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord

Chatbox
Latest topics
» Pkmn hash brown Discussion
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 am by Roltharus

» Denizen's Curse
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:03 am by Roltharus

» Race designs
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:35 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Pokemon Hash brown version
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2023 7:26 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 6:04 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:34 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm by Roltharus

» Jex Cahill Storyline
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 pm by Jex Cahill

» General Val RP discussion thread.
Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:15 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

Affiliates
free forum

Necropalypse: The River of Souls

5 posters

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 6 Empty Re: Necropalypse: The River of Souls

Post  WereMagi Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:22 am

The Stranger walks up after the pieces and step on one and traps the other piece with the face by having the scythe blade in the way.

"Last words, fool that sought immortality?"

The voice was oddly happy, despite the burning hatred coming from the blue flames from the eyes, the only part seen from under the hood.
WereMagi
WereMagi
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Name: ???
Race: ???
Classes:

http://www.weremagi.blogspot.com.au

Back to top Go down

Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 6 Empty Re: Necropalypse: The River of Souls

Post  Roltharus Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:00 pm

"Kay so.. While stranger danger tortures Bling Buddy to redeath let's discover how to fix this shit. Deahty, do you know anything about the 'flow' your aunt made?"

The bounty hunter dropped the golden blade at his feet, not recalling why he picked it up in the first place. He paced around it. 

"Because it probably is still there, just in dire need of repair, like soul duct tape.. Do you have soul duct tape?" Rol asked, sincerely hoping soul duct tape was a thing, so he could borrow it. It sounded cool.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Race: Human
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:51 pm

"..Have fun watching the world end you fools."
Mekheris said before closing his eyes, awaiting his permanent death.

"Soul duct tape? Seriously?"

"Why are you still surprised at Rol's weirdness at this point?"
Doomy sighed. "No, there isn't a thing called soul duct tape. My aunt did tell me about the flow of souls and the place they go. But she never said anything about how it worked or even where to find it. She told me nothing... She didn't trust me, she knew I'd just screw up. All I ever did was screw up.. Everything she trusted me with.. "
"..You didn't s-"
"YES I DID! What have I ever done right?! When I was alive I was just a farmers boy! And even that I screwed up! So I ran and became a thief. Only to be killed a week later! If my aunt hadn't found me I'd still be dead.. She trained me but I learnt nothing.. I couldn't do anything without her help.. Eventually even she gave up.. so she sent me to you guys. I was supposed to learn, grow up. But after spending all this time with you guys I'm still as immature as ever...And now even She is gone.. You guys are wrong, I'm not Doomy.. I'm just..Doomed.."
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Name: Kenichi DaPuppy
Race: lucaerian
Classes:

https://chaozguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:42 pm

"Oi, stranger danger, can you make his demise last reeeeeaaaaaalllllyyy long, he's seems to have come to terms with imminent destruction and it upsets me."

The bounty hunter then turned towards Deathy. "I will shadow female dog slap a female dog. Get over yourself, you've fucked up before cool. Good for you. Shit doesn't matter, as the king of fucking up I can guarantee it's not the end of the world. But it will be if you mope like a little female dog." Rol vexed, looking at Deathy.

"Now use your ghost powers and find it. Shouldn't you be able to tell where a large influx of dead things suddenly appeared? The answer to that question is yes, by the way." 
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  WereMagi Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:09 am

Sighing, the Stranger stabs all the undead bit and bobs with the spear point on the end of the scythe, before pulling out a Journal and writing in it. Clearly thinks the current discussion is boring.
WereMagi
WereMagi
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:01 am

"But it IS the end of the world! You heard the overly accesorised mummy, we can't stop this. And no I can't sense any influxes of anything. I'm sure my aunt could because she set up the whole thing. But I can't. Just because I can control ghosts doesn't mean I can sense them. Can you sense other people's shadows? You can't right? Same thing for me. If I could sense somehing like that don't you think I already would have? .. The only one that can stop this is my aunt. And she's gone.. Why is she gone.. when Val needs her the most.. when I need her the most.." Doomy drops to his knees and start to cry.

"Dreadfyul.. You're right she's gone. But you were her nephew, her student. You know the most about her. You're part of one of the most powerful guilds in Val. That means you're strong, otherwise you wouldn't be in there. You CAN stop this. You're the only one who can. But you can't do it alone and you don't have to." Reganya put a hand on his shoulder.
"Death had other students right? Maybe one of them knows what to do. Or perhaps another family member of yours?"
"..My Aunt only had her sister.. My mother. But she's dead too. I never knew her or my father.. And he's gone too. He died during the end of the last war. His daughter took over but.. My sister.. maybe she.. I'm not sure but she might know something. Then again I've never met her so I don't even knows who I am."
"Well it's a good place to start I guess. You know where she is?"
"Valkyrea.. she's the Empress."
"..You're royalty? I didn't see that coming." She says, shocked. " Doesn't matter, let's go see your sister." She offers a hand. Doomy takes it and nods before standing back up."

"Oh and stranger, nobody is forcing you to stay. If we are boring to you then why are you still here?"
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  WereMagi Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:09 am

"Didn't this here corpse pull off his magic from this very pyramid? People that lose themselves in their power will have a journal and workshops littered with written notes and yet you are breaking down floundering and going on about how powerless you are yet haven't even investigated how the enemy has pulled off their plan? I swear I have yet to meet an immortal that isn't a fool."

The stranger finishes up writing whatever he has written and put the journal away, before looking around. Next thing, he drops the scythe that vanishes before it hits the ground and walks towards the throne room.
WereMagi
WereMagi
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:57 am

"HEY. Deathy was the only one floundering. Jeez. You'd think people we stay away from over generalizations."

Rol stretched his hands up and looked towards Ren and Deathy. 

"Well, while Stranger Danger looks for Bling Buddie's diary so he can discover who he had a crush on let's head out to uh... Empire area."

The bounty hunter pointed towards a random direction, not having any idea how to get to there destination, before turning to Stranger Danger. 

"and when you undoubtedly find something, since I made a snide remark and the universe looovvveeesss to shit on me head out to that place we are going to. Woo"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  WereMagi Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:23 am

"I just need something personal to my mark to prove his demise so when my contractor next meets with me, I get my bounty. However, since the issue on hand involves undead and as your party is without any way to efficiently handle them, I can lend my services. For a cost."

The stranger says as he walks away, but whether or not it's the pyramid that made conversation between two parties increasingly distanced possible, his voice sounds as if he were close by.
WereMagi
WereMagi
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:45 am

"Yes that sound splendid. We're an adventuring guild, people hire us to do these things. If we hire you, that wouldn't only be bad for our pockets, it'd be bad for our reputation as well. And if you need something personal.. his head is right here." Reganya replied holding up Mekheris' severed head. She left out the part where this wasn't a true quest. Nobody had hired the group. So there were no profits to share. And with ChaoZ Inn still being rebuilt, they could not afford spending gold on this stranger. Then again, they could just give him the bling Mekheris was wearing. It certainly was a ridiculous amount of gold that the idiot necromancer had on him.

"We might need to contact Kiro, Valkyrea is a long way off. And we don't have the months of time that we'd need to get there on foot. We're gonna need one of his vehicles." ChaoZ Inn was only a few days walking away. They could ask Scott to contact Kiro but he was still reassembling himself at the bottom of the pyramid. Plus they'd still need to wait for the Vehicles.

"Back to the Inn then. Sometimes I wish the goblins had invented some device where we could talk to people over a distance. Would make life a lot easier. I mean we can have flying ships and sentient robots but we can't find a way to communicate over distances?"

"Don't be silly. That would ruin so many adventures. What would you even call such a device? A telephone? That just sounds weird. Nobody would buy it."
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  WereMagi Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:33 am

The Stranger promptly returns with 2 large sacks of what might be books in EACH hand.

"Then I will accept work for favors. SO long I have work, I don't get bored and feel the need to get blood on my hands."

Just after which he casually throws another knife at a mummy that was coming down the stairs silently and then leans on the sandstone next to him to open a long passage with greenlight coming from it. 

"Here is your study material, the gold covered diary in there is mine. A worthy relic of a mad man for my contractor. He likes trophies that have meaning."
WereMagi
WereMagi
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:07 am

Rol picked up a book from stranger danger. Then groaned.

"This one actually does have MethLab's crushes. ew."

The bounty hunter showed the page which contained a fanfiction between the writer and Death. Roltharus looked at Deathy.

"Too soon..." 
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  WereMagi Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:28 am

"It's written using a cipher, maybe... Oh, that book? That one isn't."
WereMagi
WereMagi
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:22 am

"Guess it's time to do some reading.. It'd be nice if we could read these while walking but there's too many of them to carry."

"Ugh.. reading.."

They sit down and start skimming over each book. Most of them are either filled with necromancer spells for better mummies or are empty. However the last few pages of the tenth diary (how many did this guy have?) Have a mention of the flow of souls.

'..It runs all over Val, parallel to the ley lines that make mana flow. This is because the river of souls is tied to the nexus points of the mana flow. The points where ley lines converge.
If the Nexus point is damaged, so is the river of souls. But unlike the mana flow the soul of rivers does not repair itself. As it is not a natural construct. It is Death herself that has to repair these points. She does this by re-linking them to the nexus. But this only repairs the lines.
To make the souls flow once more Death reboots the river from it's spring. The portal to the afterlife itself which located xxxxxxx'

The last few bits seem to be unreadable due to a fluid having spilled on it. "I don't even want to know what that stuff is."

"Me neither."

"This is impossible, there's no way we can find the broken nexus in time. There are millions of them spread over Val. And we don't even know how many are broken. And we have no idea where to find the portal to the afterlife either."
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  WereMagi Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:46 am

"It's odd watching you all seemingly skip the one book that explains it all. As if by magic..."

The stranger murmurs, seemly confused staring at the giant tome in the center. 

He reaches out to it and then seems to rip something invisible off it.
WereMagi
WereMagi
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:25 am

"What more is there to explain? Mekheris must have destabilized a nexus point. Which in turn shut off the flow of souls. The problem is finding which nexus points he destabilized. And none of these books has a map of possible targets."

"What did you do?" Reganya asked the stranger about the invisible thing.

"Wait, Mekheris must have had a reason to build a gigantic pyramid right here. Right? Could this be the location of the nexus he disrupted?"

"..That makes sense. How do we fix it though?"

(Not sure what you were trying to do with the invisible thing. But I suggest somehow finding out that you need to destroy the pyramid. Since its diverting the flow into the sky. )
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  WereMagi Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:48 am

The stranger sighs.

"I'm immune to magical influences, and can sometimes remove the magical ties to an object. Guess this tome is heavily warded..." The stranger picks it up and opens it. "And written in ancient text. Very long winded as well. Gimme a moment, the answer lies within. Unless this copy of 'Necromancing Theories to Rule the World' is outdated."
WereMagi
WereMagi
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:38 am

(wait, does Dean have hella godmode in the rp too? This is gonna get confusing.)
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:03 am

(Only demi-godmode. I can still override the shit out of anything he does. Which I probably will have to do eventually. He'll have more power in the pirate RP if we ever get to that though.)
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  WereMagi Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:33 am

(kinda not really. I mean, to save spoilers on background that will have to eventually address, he is a misplaced servant of another Death from another world. Because jumping between worlds takes a lot of power away from from people and having to build it all back is only slightly annoying.)
WereMagi
WereMagi
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:25 pm

"Well read it then. You're holding it... But why is it important again?"

The bounty hunter sighed and continued reading the fanfic. Poorly written and it was entirely a ego boost to the write, but Rol was bored and laughing at bad writing is fun.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:57 pm

''Try the index. See if there's a chapter on disrupting the flow of souls with a big ass pyramid."

Weirdly enough there is a chapter with that exact name. It starts on page 347.
It has an illustration next to the text.Necropalypse: The River of Souls - Page 6 Pyrami10

"So ..we need to get rid of the pyramid then?"
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  WereMagi Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:28 pm

"Not an easy task. The whole pace is heavily warded somewhat still. Well, from outside attacks. Unless you can manufacture both a magic pulse bomb and a large enough explosion at the same time and all that other fine detail that comes to demolishing ancient structures..." The stranger trails off and seems to squint some more at the text of the book he still has in hand.

He then looks towards Rol and the Fan Fic he is reading.

"What would be the chances of the seemly useless Fan Fic being the key to vaporizing the sandstone? Or is he actually the kind of guy that leaves that stuff in his workshop? I had no background on him other than a crazed Lich Necromancer... Bah, Pyramids. Worst than Labyrinths." The stranger than seems to mutter on about something in other tongues while very quickly breezing through the tome in his hand, seemingly lost in thought or something.
WereMagi
WereMagi
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:42 am

"We could use scott's parts to build a mana bomb. His mana core has enough energy to blow up an entire city."

"We're not using our team member as a bomb for crying out loud, doomy. Then again if we don't reactivate him and keep his head with us.. his nanobots will rebuild him and he will never know.. Let's try to think of another way before we attempt something like that."
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  WereMagi Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:39 pm

"Now that's something I want to play with to copy using magic." The stranger seems oddly excited for the first time since he has been with the group, brief as that is.
WereMagi
WereMagi
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next