ChaoZ Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord

Chatbox
Latest topics
» Pkmn hash brown Discussion
Denizen's Curse - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 am by Roltharus

» Denizen's Curse
Denizen's Curse - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:03 am by Roltharus

» Race designs
Denizen's Curse - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:35 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Pokemon Hash brown version
Denizen's Curse - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2023 7:26 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight
Denizen's Curse - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 6:04 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath
Denizen's Curse - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:34 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.
Denizen's Curse - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm by Roltharus

» Jex Cahill Storyline
Denizen's Curse - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 pm by Jex Cahill

» General Val RP discussion thread.
Denizen's Curse - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:15 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

Affiliates
free forum

Denizen's Curse

2 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Denizen's Curse - Page 5 Empty Re: Denizen's Curse

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:29 pm

(Well that could be in my defense or it could mean I didn't describe the room clearly enough lol. Which is a weakness in my writing I am aware of. )

Amrille nodded at Delvet after the signs. She readied her crossbow. She waited a short moment before following Delvet quietly through the door. Staying back a bit and aiming at the zombie.

Delvet reached the zombie without it noticing. Delvet's slash was a clean hit. The Zombie's arm was cut off and there was now a large gash in it's side. It stumbled back, slowly turning towards Delvet with a groan.

Then a bolt from Amrille hit it in the shoulder. It staggered back even more not getting a chance to strike back.

Another sound came from behind one of the bookcases. This time it sounded like slow footsteps.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:59 am

(knowing is half the battle)

Delvet heard the footsteps that came from behind one of the bookshelves but did not allow it to distract it from the task at hand. He brought his blade down on to the zombie with an overhand swung, hoping to cut its head. Only once he could guarantee it was finished off would the swordsman divert his attention to the new potential threat.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Race: Human
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:28 pm

Delvet's blade sliced through the zombie's throat. Vile blood squirted out, Delvet managed to avoid it splashing on him. The cut hadn't gone all the way through and the head still hung on.

A bolt from Amrille's bow whooshed by Delvet and landed in the Zombie's eye socket. The impact was hard enough to rend the zombie's remaining rotten neck flesh. It's head fell to the floor with a squishy thud. It's body soon followed.

Amrille then spun towards the bookcase and trained her crossbow on whatever was behind it.

It wasn't long before the second zombie came into view. It groaned and shuffled towards Delvet. As it got closer it's glasses fell from it's face. The Zombie didn't notice and the glasses were crushed under it's next footstep.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:56 am

Delvet knew he obviously no longer had the element of surprise, so he approached the zombie cautiously, trying to ensure Amrille would have a clear shot on the undead. His blade in front of him, he waited for the zombie to move so he could take advantage of a possible opening and counter attack. 
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:49 pm

As Delvet waits for the Zombie to make a move Amrille shoots two bolts at it in quick succession. One hits it in the shoulder, the other lands in it's chest.

The zombie stumbles back from this. Delvet sees this as the opening he's waiting for. He strikes with his blade. Leaving a large gash in it's stomache and cutting off one of it's arms. This does not stop the zombie however and suddenly it's teeth sink into Delvet's shoulder.

Delvet manages to push the zombie off himself. Then the pain hits. To Delvet's horror it's a burning pain. He stumbles back into a bookcase, books fall to the floor around him. He suddenly feels very weak.

"Delvet!" Amrille shouts and shoots another bolt into the zombie. It falls to it's knees before landing face first down on the ground. It stops moving.

She runs over to Delvet to check on him.

Delvet can feel that one more hit will be too much for him to take. Luckily the room is now quiet. Aside from the pounding of his heart.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:51 pm

Delvet winced, the pain coursing through his body. He bit down on his tongue until he tasted blood to prevent himself from screaming, not wanting to draw in anymore zombies. 

The burning pain drew much of the swordsman away from the situation, he only barely registered the dull thud as the zombie's corpse hit the floor, it wasn't until Amrille was next to him that he managed to re-focus. "We're really going to have to hop there's an apothecary in here now." Delvet tried to joke, but the shakiness of his voice betrayed his tone.

He attempted to regain his footing, using his sword as a brace while assessing the state of the zombie Amrille finished off.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:38 am

Delvet saw that the zombie was no longer moving and it's rancid blood was spreading in a pool around it. However it's head was still attached.

"There better be one. We managed to get this far if we die here.." She shakes her head. "Sorry, I shouldn't think like that. Let's get you back to Adara, she can at least stitch up that wound."

She grabs Delvet by his good shoulder and starts to help him walk back to the main hall. That's when something catches her eye. "Hold on." She says as she bends down to pick up a piece of paper. "It's a map, we can use this. Let's see.." She scans over the map.

Denizen's Curse - Page 5 Denize10

"Hmm, no apothecary. But this is just the first floor. Should we focus on the second floor then? Or do you think we can find something in the kitchen?" Amrille asks as she shows the map to Delvet.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:18 am

As he remained vigilant, Delvet brought his blade down on the head of the zombie, to ensure it wouldn't be getting back up. He responded to Amrille. "I fear the berating she'll give me." He reluctantly went along as she helped him to the main hall.

"A map?" He looked over at the paper Amrille was holding. "I think clearing out this first floor might be for the best. Besides, sometimes medicines of sorts are kept in washrooms there could be something there. Good find, I'm glad your eyes are as good as I thought."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:21 pm

Delvet swiftly severed the zombie's head. It wouldn't be getting back up ever.

Amrille nodded. "First floor it is then."

She pushed open the door and helped Delvet get into the main hall. Adara immediately runs over to the two of them. "What the fuck happened?! You were gone for maybe five minutes and you come back like this?"

"Zombies in the library, they're dealt with now." Amrille answers.

Adara shakes her head and sighs. "You really need to be more careful." She paused. Then pointed at the fountain. "Set him down there, I'll use the water to clean his wound."

Amrille nodded and brought delvet over to the fountain, setting him down on the edge.

Adara sat next to him and soaked a cloth in the water. "Any burning this time?" She asked frowning.

--

After a few minutes Adara finished closing up the wound. Thanks to her Delvet's pain subsided. He was far from safe however.

(Regained 3 hp)

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:58 pm

"I'm just as disappointed in this outcome as you are, I promise." Delvet said, in a weak attempt to placate Adara. He remain quiet and compliant as he was treated. 

"A little bit of stinging is all." He replied as he got up. "I'll try to be even more careful."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:32 pm

(Question: is Delvet lying about it not burning or is that just a mistake? Or does he mean that it is burning but only a little?)

Adara rubbed har brow. "If this wasn't an emergency I would tell you you had to stay in bed. Things being as they are.. just try to avoid any direct confrontation. Your body can't handle much more." She paused and looked at Amrille. "Watch over him, will you?"

Amrille nodded.

Adara then slapped Delvet on the back before he stood up. "Up you go then."

Amrille took her position next to the kitchen door. She nodded at Delvet signaling she was ready.

--

When Delvet pushed open the door (carefully I'm assuming) he could see that the kitchen was a mess. Pots and pans were scattered across the floor, along with knives and spoons. At least here there was a window where a sliver of light could come through. So it wasn't as dark as the library had been.

In the middle stood a counter with an empty basket on top. Probably had been filled with food before.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:35 am

(I would say he's trying to down play it, but still admitting to lingering pain and leaving Adara to figure out what that means w/ her own expertise. Like it's lie of degrees more than an outright lie it's just him trying to keep attention off of himself by downplaying it.)
"I will throw my sword next time," The swordsman said jokingly. "But you should see the other guy."

Delvet opened the door, as carefully as he could and looked about the room. It was a mess, fitting for the zombies that presumably now roamed the mansion. He carefully looked for movement in the room, he didn't want to be surprised by any more moving corpses.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:13 pm

(Ah, makes sense.)

Adara realizes what he means and makes him drink from a flask before she lets him go. It numbs the burning.

Adara shakes her head with a smile. "Not what I meant. These things are dumb and slow, Shouldn't be hard to outsmart them."

(Unfortunately Delvet only has a 6 in Mind. :p)

--

There didn't seem to be any movement in the room. Amrille nodded and went in, slowly making her way around the room.

She stopped when she got behind the counter. She frowned and gestured for Delvet to come over.

Lying behind the counter was a corpse. There were large claw marks across it's chest. Black blood oozed from the wounds. The corpse was otherwise intact.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:56 am

"They're doing quite a number on me, I wonder what that says about how quick and smart I am?" Delvet chuckled as he left back to Amrille.

As they looked around the room, Amrille took the lead and brought Delvet's attention to the corpse on the ground behind the counter. Despite the inevitability of an event like this, the swordsman's heart still sunk. Another person he couldn't save. He refocused and voiced a concern, quietly. "Are they likely to turn?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Amrille paused to think for a moment. "I don't know. We should probably not take any risks and deal with now. Just in case." She frowned as she looked over the corpse. "Those claw marks weren't made by a normal zombie."

She then turned to Delvet. "I'll let you do the honors, you're the one with the sword."

--

Amrille looked around the messed up kitchen. "Should we search around here for a bit or move on to the next room?"

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:30 am

"Another canine perhaps?" Delvet asked as he brought his blade down on the corpses head. He looked around the room once again, then back to Amrille, "I think a closer look would do us good, but let's try to stay as quiet as we can." He whispered, "We don't want to alert the zombies to us anymore than I probably already have."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:50 pm

"That's possible. If it is then we'll need to be careful." Amrille frowned worried about the possibility.

Delvet cleanly beheads the potential zombie.

Amrille nods and begins to carefully look around the kitchen. Delvet does the same.

After a short bit both of them put their finds on the counter. Amrille wasn't very lucky. All she found was a loaf of bread and some spices. "At least we'll have some rations for today." She says.

Delvet had a bot more luck and found a large kitchen knife in good shape.

"That could come in handy if we need to defend ourselves in a pinch." Amrille comments. "Do you want to take the knife or should I?" She asks.

He also found a block of cheese.

"With this we won't have to eat just dry bread. A good find."

--

With the kitchen cleared out it's time to move on. Amrille gets in position next to the washroom door. She nods and Delvet pushes it open. It makes a creaking sound.

The washroom isn't very large. More importantly it's even more of a mess than the kitchen was. The ground is covered in what seems like a mixture of water, soap and blood. Torn clothes are strewn all over the room.

Then there's the huge claw marks across the walls.

"I don't think a dog did that.."

Fortunately there doesn't seem to be a zombie in here.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:23 am

"Nothing bad about finding nourishment." Delvet nodded, as he assessed the knife he had found. He presented the knife to Amrille in response to her question. "I think it best if you have another tool to your kit. If we find ourselves in a pinch where we need use this.." He gestured to his bandages and wounds. "I'll probably already be down for the count."

--

The swordsman let out a breath of bemusement at the site before them. "I concur, but I honestly hope we don't have to find out what did." Delvet continued into the room, warily. 
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:34 pm

Amrille nodded and took the knife.
--

Stepping into the washing room each step made a soft splash. The mix of liquids was all over the floor. It wasn't a large room. There were a couple of barrels filled with water. One of them had been destroyed.

The only other thing in the room was a cabinet. Amrille looked through it for anything you could use. After a bit of digging through it she shook her head disappointed. "Just a bunch of soaps and pieces of cloth."

She grabbed the map and took a look. "Just the statue room and those two hallways left. Then there's whatever there's upstairs. Would be nice if we had a map of that as well." She paused then looked up at Delvet. "Time for the next room then?"

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:28 am

"Soap might be useful for disinfecting?" Delvet offered, though he was also visibly disappointed by the find, or rather the lack of. 

"Yeah, time for the ominously named statue room. Which I am sure will not be strange or unsettling at all." He did a once over of the map again himself. "Perhaps we'll be able to find another map among the statues."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:57 pm

Amrille nods. They then move on to the next room. When they open the door some of the mixed liquids spills out of the washroom into the hallway. The light coming in through the windows is enough to light up the hallway. Luckily it's empty.

A blood trail runs all across the hallway. It almost looks like something was being dragged along while it was bleeding. Again large claw marks can be seen on the walls and floor.

"I don't like this at all." Amrille comments while keeping her crossbow ready. The two of them carefully proceed to the statue room.

She slowly pushes open the door. Torches lit this room up slightly. The blood trail continues right up to the outer wall.

Three statues stand in the room. One of them is a headless soldier holding a sword and a reflective shield, on the map he is marked as P.
The other is also a soldier in a pose that makes him look terrified of something, one of his hands is slightly open. He is marked as B.
The last one is a naked woman with snakes for hair, both her hands are slightly open. She's marked as M.

Amrille follows the bloodtrail. "I think it leads beyond this wall. I bet this is the secret tunnel." She knocks on the wall to check. "Hmm, I don't think we can force our way through. If this is the tunnel we'll need to find another way to open it."

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:48 am

(so, as i understand the trail goes up to the wall then stops, so we assume the blood continues down the secret tunnel)
As he heard Amrille's deduction about getting through the wall, Delvet inspected the statues. "So we can probably assume these are the keys to that particular puzzle?"

The swordsman was a little concerned. If they statues were the keys to getting beyond the door would that mean the thing that caused the blood trail was beyond the wall or just the unfortunate victim?
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri May 01, 2020 12:29 am

(Yeah, it sort of looks like the blood trail keeps going underneath the wall.)

Amrille went to inspect the statues as well. She took a closer look at the sword and shield. "This shield is too thin to be anything more than a decoration." She looked at her own reflection in the shield. "I look like shit, I'm gonna need a shower if we get out of here."

She then grabbed the shield and removed it from the statues hand. "Hmm, yeah, much too light unfortunately. Could have been useful." She sighed.

"The sword probably isn't any better." She put the shield back in it's place. Then she took a step back and looked around.

"I have no clue how to solve this puzzle. The sword and shield are probably important but I can't tell where they would have to go. Maybe we need more clues."

She turned to Delvet. "What do you want to do?"

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Thu May 07, 2020 11:55 am

"Well I don't know about the sword, but the shield being reflective has to be relevant." Delvet pondered the puzzle for a moment, his thoughts fixated on the headless soldier, but nothing came to fruition. "I do think you're right, we have got to be missing something."

He began to look around the room, and hoped something would catch his eye, perhaps a hint on the wall or a missing piece elsewhere.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat May 09, 2020 9:07 pm

Nothing in the room stood out. The walls were perfectly even and the floor was also solid stone.

Amrille also looked around for any other clues. After a short while neither of you have found anything new. "If there's any other clues I don't think we'll find them in this room." She shook her head, disappointed.

"The hallway from here to the library is the only part of this floor we haven't explored. Should we check that out or do you want to go straight to the second floor?" She asked. "We might have more luck up there."

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: