ChaoZ Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord

Chatbox
Latest topics
» Pkmn hash brown Discussion
Denizen's Curse - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 am by Roltharus

» Denizen's Curse
Denizen's Curse - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:03 am by Roltharus

» Race designs
Denizen's Curse - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:35 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Pokemon Hash brown version
Denizen's Curse - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2023 7:26 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight
Denizen's Curse - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 6:04 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath
Denizen's Curse - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:34 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.
Denizen's Curse - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm by Roltharus

» Jex Cahill Storyline
Denizen's Curse - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 pm by Jex Cahill

» General Val RP discussion thread.
Denizen's Curse - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:15 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

Affiliates
free forum

Denizen's Curse

2 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Denizen's Curse - Page 6 Empty Re: Denizen's Curse

Post  Roltharus Fri May 15, 2020 3:09 am

"Well, I suppose covering all of our bases on this floor first shouldn't hurt." Delvet said, his mind still mulling over the puzzle. Or at least he hoped it was a puzzle and not the two of them overthinking things. "I can't say I'm expectant about a hallway, but better safe than sorry right?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Race: Human
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat May 16, 2020 12:07 am

Amrille nodded and took her position beside the door. Readying her crossbow once again.

Delvet opened the door and revealed the hallway on the other side. Standing there was a human shaped figure. It stood completely still. A flash of lightning outside lights up the hallway and revealed the figure was missing a chunk of their side.

"Great another one." Amrille whispered exasperated. Luckily there was only one and it hadn't noticed the door opening because it was facing the other way.

Amrille looked at Delvet to see what course of action he would decide on.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:46 am

"Do you think you could take it down in one shot?" Delvet asked Amrille, keeping his voice at a low whisper as to not alert the living corpse of their presence. He put his hand on the hilt of his blade and his hand tensed. "I'm not sure I can guarantee my ability to get the jump on it, currently."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:03 am

Amrille shook her head. "Not in one shot but I might be able to take it down quickly." She steps up and lines up her crossbow. She stands there for a moment, taking quiet breaths. Delvet senses a quick burst of blue ki radiating from her.

She fires a bolt straight through the zombie's shoulder, it leaves a hole. The zombie groans but before it can react a second bolt pierces through it's throat.

The corpse falls to it's knees before slumping to the ground. A pool of black blood spreads around the corpse and it stops moving.

Amrille puts down her crossbow and puts her hand against the wall. Her breathing is heavy. She looks at Delvet. "Got it. Give me a few seconds and we can keep going."

After a few seconds she composes herself. "Let's go." She nods at Delvet.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:11 pm

Delvet noted the toll that took on Amrille and reminded himself that he was not the only one whose been put through the wringer tonight. He said nothing, but made a mental note not to make Amrille push herself too much. 

The swordsman nodded back and went forward, as he moved towards the door.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:26 pm

Opening the door Delvet and Amrille found themselves in the library again. From there they made their way back to the main hall.

Adara approached them. "Any luck?"

Amrille held up a bag. "Found some food. It's not much but at least it's something."

Ada nodded. "No medicine?"

Amrille shook her head. "I think we found the secret exit though. We're gonna need to solve a puzzle to open it though and.. we're probably missing some pieces."

Adara took a moment to think. "Alright, Seems like our situation hasn't changed much." She then looked at Amrille. "You look tired, you should rest."

Amrille shook her head. "I'm fine. More importantly, how is the old man doing?" She looked towards Onyll slumped against a pillar. Morivella was sitting next to him and talking to him.

"Not good. We have to keep him awake. If he falls asleep in this state he'll likely wake up dead."

"What?"

"He'll be a zombie."

"Ah, right. That was a strange way to say that."

Adara shrugged.

In the background Lyrn was pacing back and forth near the entrance.

Amrille looked over at the stairs and then turned to Delvet. "Ready to go whenever you are."

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:57 am

(okay, so it's been a month... is it up stairs we have yet to explore, the other side of the first floor? i cant recall..)
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:09 pm

(Upstairs. You've explored the ground floor completely.)

(Some description to give you more to react to, and speed this up a bit: )

Looking up Delvet could see the second floor had two doors on the left side and two on the right. As well as two more doors directly above the front entrance, likely leading to a balcony outside.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:56 am

Delvet nodded at Amrille before he stood up and took a deep breath in. Taking in what he could see from down on the ground floor he moved towards the stairs. "I think it's safe to ignore, or perhaps save for last the door above the front, so I say we go to one of the doors on the left side?" He asked, looking to Amrille for affirmation, or disagreement.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:34 pm

Amrille nodded. "We can always check it later." She started up the stairs and headed to the left side. Stopping by the door to wait on Delvet.

Once he caught up with her Amrille slowly opened the door. At a quick glance the room seemed safe. There was nothing moving inside aside from the curtains being whipped up by the wind. Amrille walked over and closed the window.

The room seemed to be a simple bedroom. A single bed in the corner, nightstand next to it and not much else. There were also two more doors in the room, one on each side.

Delvet noticed a piece of paper on the nightstand. Looking closer he saw it was another map. This time of the second floor.

Denizen's Curse - Page 6 Denize11

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:17 am

"Well that's rather convenient." Delvet said to himself, before he signaled to Amrille before presenting the map. "I'm rather glad the owner of this place seemed keen on keeping their guests from getting lost."

He looked over the map to take in the locations, "So, we're in the Guestroom currently... But the supply room sounds like it might have exactly what we're looking for."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:24 pm

Amrille also took a second to look over the map. "Let's go check out the supply room then." She started heading over to the opposite side of the room. Signalling for Delvet to follow.

Once she got to the door she carefully put her hand on the knob and turned. She frowns. She again tried to turn the knob but nothing happens. The third time she tried turning and pushing with more force. It didn't budge.

"Fuck, it's locked." She looked over at Delvet with disappointment written on her face.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:02 am

Delvet nodded at Amrille's frustration but still had some optimism. or rather he need to to have it to get through these night. "Well, we don't want to make a ruckus trying to break down the door. But.." He brought the map out again. "There's another entrance to the supply room through the herb garden.. Also a herb garden now that I think about it might also have some useful plants."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:02 pm

"You're right, let's go." Amrille nodded and walked over to the other door. She carefully grabbed the knob and turned. To her relief it opened easily. Once she made sure there were no threats in the herb garden she walked inside.

She immediately headed to the door to the Supply room. Grabbing the handle and pulling it down. "Shit, this one is locked as well."

She then turned around and looked around the room. There were five rows of potted plants in the middle of the room. More pots hung from the walls. There were several different plants in them. Some looked like normal plants others had weird shapes or colors. There were even some mushrooms. “I have no idea if any of these can be useful.” She frowned. “Adara should be able to tell though. I'll go call her over.”

Amrille stepped outside of the room and leaned over the balcony. She waved Adara over. “We found a room full of herbs up here. Can you come up and see if any of them are gonna help us?” She said not too loudly.

Adara didn't take long to get up there and started to inspect the plants. “Good find you two. This is exactly what we need. I'm gonna need some help carrying these downstairs.”

“Alright, which ones?” Amrille asked.

“Those with the green vines over there, the reds, the ones with the white flowers and those twisty ones.” Adara said as she pointed at each one.

“All of those?” Amrille asked.

“Yes, we hit a goldmine here.” Adara nodded. “Grab some of those mushrooms too, they're good food.”

You and Amrille spent a while carrying several plant pots downstairs.

Once you are finished Adara starts grabbing some leaves off the plants. “I'm gonna need some time to prepare these. I'll start with making what I need for Onyll. Then I'll make some healing ointment for you Delvet.”

“What will we need to do in the meantime?” Amrille asked.

“We still need a safe place to rest. Our wounds might be taken care of but our bodies are still going to be exhausted.”

“Right, we still need to find a way to solve that puzzle as well. If we want to get out of here at least.”

The two women nodded at each other. Amrille then turned to Delvet. “Let's get going, I'll follow your lead.”
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:43 pm

Delvet nodded back at Amrille. "Right.. I'd be a liar to say I have anymore of an inkling on how to solve that puzzle, so spending time finding a safe rest place seems a decent bit more productive."

The swordsman thought for a moment. "What should our rest space have? fewer entrances so it's easier to guard? More so we have an escape route?" More questions bounced around in Delvet's head, "Which floor? Is immediate access to the outside safer or more dangerous?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:08 pm

"Ideally we'd have two entrances that aren't too close to each other. Easy to keep an eye on and if one entrance gets compromised we can flee through the other safely." Amrille responded quickly.

"A bed would also be nice." Lyrn added.

"No promises." Amrille replied to him. "So where to? There's only a few doors we haven't checked yet." She turned back to Delvet.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:34 pm

"For the sake of resting? We might want to return to the guest room." Delvet considered they might want to explore further but any more trouble without rest might be a fatal mistake.

"Three doors and a window, although the map does say that two of the doors lead to another room. I still think for the sake of recuperating that's out best bet."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:26 pm

“That could work. We haven't checked out two of the doors in that room though. I think it'd be best if we at least took a quick peek. We don't want to have to deal with surprises.” Amrille replied.

--
Amrille and Delvet headed back up to the guest room. Once inside she turned to Delvet. “I'll check the closet room, you check the other one?” She didn't wait for a reply and headed towards the closet room door and tried to open it.

“Another locked one.” She frowned.”Any better luck over there?”

Delvet opened the other door. On the other side was a hallway with a staircase leading up and another door around the corner. Just as the map said. It was kind of dark despite the windows. But appeared to be empty and safe.

--
“Should we call the others up here?” Amrille asked.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:27 pm

"I think this is the safest place that we'll find, assuming that closet isn't hiding any terrible secrets..." Delvet regretted saying that out loud, with how this night had been that would be exactly there luck. But what he needed right now was enough optimism to keep moving forward. "Knock on wood, yeah let's get the others."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:28 pm

Delvet and Amrille went and got the others to go upstairs. Lyrn and Delvet helped Onyll up the stairs and laid him down in the bed.

“Is he going to be alright?” Amrille asks Adara.

Adara nods. “He's still infected but he's no longer in danger of dying. So he'll be sick for a while but won't be turning. Unless he gets badly hurt again.”

Amrille lets out a sigh of relief.

Adara steps up to Delvet. “Now let's see what we can do about your wounds.”

--

Adara tends to Delvet and Amrille's wounds with the medicine she just made. Once she's done everyone sits down and takes some time to rest up.

Amrille falls asleep against the wall. Morivella sits and watches over her sleeping father, eventually dozing off herself. Lyrn keeps a close eye on one door while Adara watches the other.

Delvet's wounds have fully healed. His sleep was too short to be fully refreshing but he is no longer tired. (Check Character sheet for exact Health and Energy)

--

(You can use this time to talk to people or just get right back to exploring.)

Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:24 pm

Delvet yawned a bit, rested but still tired. He took stock of the room, to make sure nothing was amiss. Satisfied that nothing horrible was in the motion of occurring, he approached Lyrn, "How are you feeling?"

While the swordsman intention was out of concern, he also wanted to suss out Lyrn's state to see if he would be able to assist on the investigation. Delvet felt he may have pushed Amrille too hard earlier.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:18 pm

"Hmm?" Lyrn had been lost in thought when Delvet approached him. Delvet's question brought him back to reality. "Oh, I'm feeling fine. There was some nausea earlier but Adara said that's normal after zombie bites."

"Gonna be that way for a few days. Until the toxins are flushed out." Adara added from the other side of the room.

"Yeah, what she said. I'll be fine."

Delvet noticed that Lyrn was indeed looking somewhat pale. There was also a slight tremble in his hands which Lyrn did his best to hide.

"What about you?" Lyrn returned the question.

Delvet remembered that he too had been infected earlier. As soon as he thought of it he could feel the nausea rising from his stomach to his throat. He barely managed to keep himself from throwing up on Lyrn. Luckily he kept the vomit at bay, for now.

Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:36 pm

"I've certainly felt better." Delvet forced a swallow to prevent his gagging. He noticed Lyrn's subtle trembles, and pat him on the shoulder. "But, I'll be fine too."

Not wanting to disturb anyone's rest, yet anyways. Delvet approached the locked closet, to take a closer look at it and see if there was anything he could find.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:44 pm

Lyrn gave a nod in response.

Inspecting the locked closet door Delvet could tell it was quite old. It seemed sturdy but with enough force it could probably be knocked off it's hinges. Doing that would probably be very loud though.

Taking a peek through the keyhole doesn't help much. It's too dark to make out anything more than vague shapes. There's no movement inside at least.

The storm outside persists. A flash of lightning illuminates the bedroom. Followed shortly by the loud roar of thunder. Morivella jumps awake at the sound looking around in a panic. Adara walks over and calms her down. "It's just the storm outside."

Morivella nods and sighs.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:35 am

Delvet looked at the door again, jimmying the handle to no avail. He noted the thunder, "Speaking of the storm."

"This door's locked, but it could be knocked down, as loud as that would be. But if timed right, the thunder could block the sound knocking this door down would make."

Perhaps it seemed nonsensical to focus so much attention on this door, but Delvet was not comfortable resting here and no knowing what was on the other side there. A little paranoid.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next