ChaoZ Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord

Chatbox
Latest topics
» Pkmn hash brown Discussion
Denizen's Curse - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 am by Roltharus

» Denizen's Curse
Denizen's Curse - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:03 am by Roltharus

» Race designs
Denizen's Curse - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:35 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Pokemon Hash brown version
Denizen's Curse - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2023 7:26 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight
Denizen's Curse - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 6:04 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath
Denizen's Curse - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:34 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.
Denizen's Curse - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm by Roltharus

» Jex Cahill Storyline
Denizen's Curse - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 pm by Jex Cahill

» General Val RP discussion thread.
Denizen's Curse - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:15 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

Affiliates
free forum

Denizen's Curse

2 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Denizen's Curse - Page 8 Empty Re: Denizen's Curse

Post  Roltharus Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:44 pm

Before Delvet could respond to Amrille, the zombie attacked him. He clutched the key as he narrowly avoided the zombie attack. "The head is still intact" the panicked thought flew through his mind as he reached for his sword to protect himself.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Race: Human
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:22 pm

Delvet slashes the zombie and it connects, spraying more black blood across the floor.

Amrille jumps up at the sounds of the scuffle. She aims her crossbow at the moving corpse and shoots a single bolt. She hits the zombie in the neck. It gargles out more black blood.

It then lurches up and spits out a stream of black acidic blood. Hitting Delvet and burning him slightly.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:20 am

Delvet recoiled and let loose a grunt behind clenched teeth as the acid spray burned him. He quickly found his footing, his blade in front of him in a defensive stance.
The swordsman readied his blade once more to strike down on to the head of the half corpse in front of him.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:17 pm

Delvet cleaves the head of the corpse in half. It twitches one more time before falling motionless.

Amrille lets out a sigh of relief. "I can't believe we forgot to destroy the head."

She sits down on the bed for a moment to collect herself. "So what do you think that key opens?"

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Fri May 06, 2022 5:20 am

Delvet sat himself on the bed as well, similarly needing to regroup both mentally after his failing to act cautious enough led to this particular zombie accident. and physically as he made sure to remove as much of the acidic blood that hit him in the fray.

"We'll be sure to be more careful now. " The swordsman took the key he had found into his hand so Amrille could see it as well. "Not sure, hopefully is a solution to our problem.. But perhaps one of the locked rooms we had to skip passed earlier?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat May 07, 2022 2:39 am

"That'd be my guess as well. Seems like we've got a few more places to search." Amrille says while skimming through the journal she found.

"I think we should drop this journal off with the others and let them take a look. Maybe there's a clue in here about our exit. Meanwhile we can continue our search." She closes the little book.

"There was one more room we hadn't checked on the other side. Want to check that one out first or should we go try the key first?"

(Here's the map again so it's easier to see where the locked doors are.The blacked out doors are locked. I believe you already broke down the door to the supply room. Leaving only the closet room locked.)

Denizen's Curse - Page 8 Denize12
Denizen's Curse - Page 8 Denize15

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed May 25, 2022 9:19 am

(was it the other way around? I don't think we ever made it into the supply room and i broke into a closet in the guest room, was that a separate closet or the closet room?)

Delvet nodded at Amrille's suggestion. "Good idea, would be nice if it had anything."

The swordsman got up off the bed and thought for a moment. "Maybe we should try the key, would be nice to know what it's for as quick as we can."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu May 26, 2022 4:53 am

(Ah shit, you're right. It's been so long I got them mixed up.)

Amrille nods and follows Delvet back to the supply room. They try the key there and the door unlocks. Inside they find exactly what you'd expect to find in a supply room. Containers of water, various foods, a medical kit, cleaning supplies and some random items that aren't useful.

After looking through everything Amrille and Delvet gathered up enough rations to last nine days. They also took the medical kit, which they gave to Adara.

With that done there was only one room left to check. So Amrille and Delvet headed to the other side of the 3rd floor. There they found another bedroom. After searching this room as well they only find the last map.

As Amrille looks at this map she raises an eyebrow. "Huh, what is this middle part?"

Denizen's Curse - Page 8 Denize17

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:58 am

(soz bro i'm takin my sweet time it seems)

Delvet was glad they found more supplies in the aptly named room. It eased one worry. But quickly raised another as Amrille analyzed the map.

"Is that a secret room, did we see that door in that hall before?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:42 am

(No worries. I forgot to check this place for the last two weeks. lol)

(I didn't describe the third floor properly. Sorry. I should have mentioned that the third floor is split into two parts that seemingly aren't connected. On the map you see that as those thick black lines representing walls.)

"I think you're right about it being a secret room. If the empty rectangles are doors then that means there should be a another door in this room. Right there in the corner. I don't see it from here though." Amrille walked over to where the map said a door should be. She runs her hand over the wall and gives it a knock. "If this is really a door then I don't know how to open it."

Delvet joins her in the search and after a minute or two of feeling for anything Delvet finds an indent. He manages to slide a piece of wood to the side and behind it is a key hole. Using the key they found earlier on the lock he hears a click as the wall slides open.

Behind the door is a dark and narrow corridor. Just as the map shows.

"Seems like we'll have to do some squeezing to fit in there." Amrille comments.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:01 pm

Delvet nodded at Amrille. The narrow corridor certainly didn't allow for a lot of space, which also meant that they'd be slowed down if they needed to make a quick escape. "Let's hope nothing dangerous is in there. " He said, under his breath.

"I suppose I'll take the lead" He moved cautiously into the hall.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:56 pm

The passage was dusty and full of cobwebs. Nobody had been through here in quite a while. After a minute of squeezing through and wiping away cobwebs they reached a door. It was locked but as Delvet used the key it unlocked easily.

There was just enough light for Delvet and Amrille to see in there. It seemed to be a storage area for larger objects. There were chests but they all appeared empty. There was also some old furniture. But most noticably there was a Guillotine in the back of the room.

In front of the Guillotine there was a basket with a head inside. Upon closer inspection however the head was made from marble. It matched the statues in the room with the weird puzzle.

"I think this is what we needed to solve the puzzle." Amrille said.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:07 am

"How morbid." Delvet sighed. He carefully approached the basket he observed the surroundings to make sure they hadn't missed any danger on the first look over the room.

"Just the head or the basket too do you think?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:39 pm

"I don't think we'll need the basket but it would make it easier to carry the head." Amrille said as she lifted up the basket.

"Should we go back to get the others first or do we try and solve the puzzle first?"
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:03 am

"Let's just try to solve the puzzle first." Delvet thought he might've had an idea on how to solve it. "Besides we don't know if it'll be safe beyond that wall anyways"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:00 pm

Amrille nods and follows Delvet back to the statue room.

(Just as a reminder here is all the info you have.)

The inscription on the painting said:
“The hero Perseus fails his quest, when he loses his head.
His brother picks up the shield, only to succumb to the dread.
The monster maiden's path will open, when she makes sure her enemies are dead”

One of the statues is in an aggressive pose holding a sword a mirror shield and has no head. The sword and shield seem to be removable. He looks like a soldier. You also have a stone head that seems like it would fit on this statue.

The other statue seems to be in a cowering pose. He also looks like a soldier. Something might fit in his hands.

The last statue stands directly in front of what you believe is the secret door. She is a gorgon and has one hand pointing forward while the other is at her side. She is naked and some things might also fit in her hands.

Solving this puzzle should open a secret exit that might lead to the graveyard.

What does Delvet do?

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:41 am

Delvet took in the scene of the statues again, remembering the inscription.

"So, assuming we want to follow the directions of the inscription.." He walks over to the aggressive statue and then pauses.

"Do you think it's just the end result that matter here? Or do these things have to happen in order?" Delvet asked Amrille.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:58 pm

"No clue, I'm not sure how advanced the mechanism for this door is. Might as well try doing it in order just in case." Amrille shrugged.

(Unrelated: I just finished the campaign I was running on roll20. We are starting a new campaign soon. There are still three spots open. So if you are interested let me know. Our play time is Saturdays at 1PM EST most of the time.

If you don't have the time that is fine. There will be more campaigns I will be running. This one will only be a session or 5-6 with potential to continue into more seasons.

So even if you can't join now there will be other spots open later. We won't be starting until at least May so you have some time to respond.)

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:35 am

(i promise i'll get my post done by the end of the week)

(response to unrelated: i probably can't join that roll20 campaign ur starting if it's in may, got a few too many social commitments to reasonably make time for one. But maybe those later spots if it goes on for a bit I'll keep u updated.)
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon May 01, 2023 5:01 am

(okay so we have a stone head, a removable shield and sword and three statues. The head fits on the one statue, the second could hold something but doesn't and then medusa statues is chilling there, titties out pointing. I don't know if we have to follow the progression of the inscription or just get to the final scene..)
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Mon May 01, 2023 10:54 pm

(I was gonna let you do whatever you think was right. But then I realized if you did it the long way it would take multiple posts for no reason. So I'll just tell you that the order doesn't matter just the end result. You could still do it in order in rp, just put it all in one post. But that depends on what Delvet would do.)
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon May 22, 2023 3:56 am

Delvet approaches the statues. remembering the inscription and the painting he and Amrille saw before. He takes the sword and shield from the headless statue, placing the shield in the hands of the cowering statue. Then he places the sword and head in the hands of the medusa. "Does it matter what hand is holding what?"
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Wed May 24, 2023 3:45 am

With each item he puts in the hands of the statues Delvet hears a click.

Amrille turns to him when he asks her a question. "I think the clue would have included-"

She is cut off by a grinding noise. Both her and Delvet turn to look at the source. They see a portion of the wall slide back and then go up. Revealing a dark tunnel directly opposite of the Medusa statue. The tunnel seems to incline downward slightly.

"Guess it didn't matter. Or you guessed correctly the first time." Amrille shrugs.

"Do we go get the others now or do we check it out first? We have no idea how long that tunnel is. I'd rather not leave them behind for too long but if it's not safe.." She looks at the dark tunnel hesitantly. "We might need some source of light too."

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:41 am

"We have to inform them if not get them at least," Delvet began. "Maybe they can help with the light source issue too." The swordsman was having trouble remember what they had taking stock of here in the mansion.

He took a moment at the opening of the tunnel and listen, to see if he could hear another ahead, before turning to head back to the others.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:13 pm

Delvet and Amrille return to the others.

When they walk through the door Adara perks up. "Any news?"

Amrille nods. "We managed to open the escape tunnel."

Morivella jumps off her chair. "We can get out?!" Her face lights up.

"Yes, but the tunnel is dark. We're gonna need a light. Do we have anything that we can use for that?" Amrille answers.

Adara immediately begins looking through all the supplies. After a few seconds she shakes her head. "Nothing we have on hand." She frowns. "But I have an idea."

She stands up. "Mori, can you wake your father up?"

"Huh? Yeah." Morivella does as she was asked.

"Get him out of the bed." Adara says as she walks over to delvet. "Let me just borrow this for a few seconds." She grabs Delvet's sword before he can even respond.

She turns back to the bed. Where Morivella is helping her father off the bed. "What, what is happening?" He asks still half asleep.

"We're getting out of here dad."

Adara motions for them to get out of the way. Once they're a safe distance away she starts hacking the bedpost with Delvet's sword. Once it is loosened up she grabs it and pulls it free. She tosses Delvets sword back to him gently.

As everyone watches her she lifts up her red dress a bit and starts tearing off a piece. She then gabs a bottle and douses the cloth with alcohol before tying it around the bedpost.

She then gathers up the wood splinters from the bed and grabs a sharp stone. After a few seconds she makes a small fire. Which she uses to light the makeshift torch.

"There we go, it's not ideal but it'll do." Adara says as she stomps out the small fire on the floor.

Amrille shrugs. "Yeah, that'll work. Let's get going then."

Onyll lets out a deep breath of relief. "Yes let's." He starts walking towards the door but then stumbles.

Lyrn quickly catches him. "Whoa there buddy. Take it easy."

Onyll groans.

Adara sighs. "He isn't infected anymore but his body is still weak from the damage the poison did. We'll have to take it slow."

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: