ChaoZ Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord

Chatbox
Latest topics
» Pkmn hash brown Discussion
Denizen's Curse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 am by Roltharus

» Denizen's Curse
Denizen's Curse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:03 am by Roltharus

» Race designs
Denizen's Curse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:35 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Pokemon Hash brown version
Denizen's Curse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2023 7:26 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight
Denizen's Curse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 6:04 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath
Denizen's Curse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:34 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.
Denizen's Curse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm by Roltharus

» Jex Cahill Storyline
Denizen's Curse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 pm by Jex Cahill

» General Val RP discussion thread.
Denizen's Curse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:15 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

Affiliates
free forum

Denizen's Curse

2 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Denizen's Curse - Page 2 Empty Re: Denizen's Curse

Post  Roltharus Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:37 am

(y)

Delvet's eyes widened as he noticed the gruesome reality of the figure and drew his sword as it lunged at him, he tried to fix his sword in position to parry the arm, then riposte with a strike at the leg with the missing chunk. 

"I don't suppose talking is an option here?" he asked doubtfully, he couldn't perceive any real intelligence in the boy's remaining eye.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Race: Human
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:05 pm

Delvet deftly parries the incoming attack. Then he counter attacks at the figures leg. Cutting off another chunk of the leg. This does not seem to stop the figure.

Delvet quickly realizes his opponent is a zombie and thus indeed mindless. This also means it feels no pain and will keep coming until it's dead... again.

The zombie boy lunges again and grabs on to Delvet's shoulder. Trying to pull him down to the ground but Delvet manages to stay on his feet.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:57 am

"I feel the perception of this might not be of man protecting himself from an undead.."

Delvet sighed, he moved to shrug the zombie off his shoulder, then would re-position himself making distance between him and the 'boy'. He aimed for two sword lengths apart, to give him distance to maneuver his blade and took a two handed swing at the zombie's neck.  
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Delvet has to struggle hard to shrug off the zombie. It's grip is stronger than he expected. Luckily he's just a little bit stronger and eventually succeeds without being bitten..

He however doesn't get as much distance between him and the zombie as he wants. Causing him to miss the neck and he instead cuts straight through it's shoulder. Severing the zombie's arm. Foul reeking blood squirts out of the stump.

The Zombie roars and lunges again but Delvet sees it coming and has plenty of time to react.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:46 am

(I am back w/ a vengeance. I've been sick the past week lol)

Delvet took in a deep breath, calming himself down. The appearance of the zombie surprised him initially and his inability to dispatch it quickly was irksome, but he needed to keep a level head. The swordsman kept his sword low as the zombie lunged forward, and then he made an upward slashing motion to try an bisect the creature.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:45 pm

(I too was sick for a few days earlier this week. lol)

Delvet's slash connects with the zombie's crotch and cuts off its leg. It loses it's balance and falls forwards. Its nails scratch delvet's arm as it tumbles. The zombie falls head first on the ground with a thud and a groan. It stops moving. A pool of rancid blood leaks out of where its leg once was.

Just as the zombie goes down so does the last sunlight. Enveloping the town in darkness. Only a handful of stars in the sky provide any light. The moon remains hidden behind dark clouds.

Delvet's ears catch the faint sound of a scream coming from far away.

Delves CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:33 pm

"I certainly hope that doesn't turn into anything.." Delvet said while he quickly checked his new wound. He was thing of finding some water to disinfect it but his thoughts were cut short when he heard the scream. He took his blade, stabbed it into the zombie on the ground for good measure then ran off towards where he heard the scream come from, hoping he had the chance to get there in time.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:24 pm

Delvet ran through the street towards the source of the scream. He found it quickly, just not quick enough.

He saw two zombies drag a skinny man to the ground. The man screamed again only for it to be cut off when one of the zombies bit out his throat. Delvet was too far away to stop it. All he could do was watch as the two hungry corpses started to devour the man.

Shocked by this scene it took a while before Delvet notices another group of Zombies shambling out of the side streets. They move closer and soon will have him surrounded if he doesn't react quickly. One of the Zombies groans.

There are two paths he can take. Turn back the way he came and hope the zombie boy is still dead or run past the two zombies while they're distracted with their meal. Or of course he could try to fight.

If he escapes where does he run to?

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:21 am

Delvet's heart sank as he could only watch in horror as the man from who he heard the scream was... dispatched. His distracted mind eventually caught back up with him as he re-situated himself and realized there was a large group of walking corpses slowly surrounding him from the streets. Fighting them was an.. option but a bad one if his previous encounter had anything to say about that. He looked back towards the way he came and broke off into a sprint back from where he came while trying to maintain some sense of quietness.

He had some concern for Onyll and his daughter but figured the best place for him to head would be the sheriff's, to see (hopefully) what the guards were doing about this. He recalled the map mentally and hope he could use that to navigate himself to the south gate. 
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:23 pm

Delvet easily escaped and made it back to the post office. There he found the zombie from earlier crawling over the ground. It was unable to get back on it's feet, because it was missing one. As it dragged itself forward with one arm it left a trail of dark blood. It didn't pose much of a threat to Delvet in this state.

-

The darkness made it difficult to navigate the small streets. Delvet struggled to recall the details of the map. For a while it seemed like he got himself lost. On top of that zombies could be lurking anywhere. Luckily the town isn't that large. So Delvet eventually found the sheriff's office.

Unfortunately by the time he got there the place was already crawling with the undead. The front of the building was raised up and the Zombies were swarming the stairs. On top of the stairs were the two guards Delvet met earlier. They seemed to be doing their best to fend off the zombies.

Two zombies lay unmoving at their feet. While seven more of them were closing in. The female guard aimed a crossbow and shot it at one of the zombies. The impact knocked it off the stairs.
The male guard slashed his sword at a zombie but it got stuck inside the walking corpse. "Ah shit!" He yelled.

Neither the guards nor the zombies had noticed Delvet approaching yet.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:37 am

(im not one hundred percent sure what you mean by the front of the building being raised means.)
Delvet observed the situation, and noticed neither the guards nor zombies had spotted him. I suppose this is my best option. He drew his sword and moved quickly to the seven zombies scaling the stairs. Taking them out from behind would be easier, he hoped, and he couldn't leave these two to fend for themselves, especially not after he failed to assist the man earlier.

The swordsman sliced at the neck of the closest zombie, as he tried, once again to behead a zombie.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:06 am

(What I meant is that the front of the building doesn't touch the ground directly. Like there's pillars underneath raising it up.

My fault for being unclear. I wanted to describe how the building looked but put it somewhere where it didn't make sense. Kinda made it seem like the zombies caused the house to be raised up or something lol. Sorry about that. lol.)

Delvet manages to sneak up on the zombies. Slashing his sword straight at a zombie's neck. However it's not a clean cut and the zombie's neck doesn't completely sever. He's just not strong enough to pull it off without some extra boost. Turns out severing a human head is pretty hard. Delvet manages to pulls his sword back out. The Zombie and two others now have noticed Delvet. They slowly turn around.

Meanwhile on top of the stairs the female guard shoots another bolt at a zombie. She hits and another zombie falls down the stairs.

The male guard is struggling to pull his sword out of the zombie he impaled. While the zombie tries to get closer. Because of this he doesn't notice the zombie lying next to him, who was seemingly dead starts to get back up. At least not until it's too late and this second zombie grabs the guard from behind.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:25 am

(ahh that makes sense. i thought it was like floating lmao.)

Delvet sighed as he realized the zombies were not going to go down easily and started to gather his red ki into his sword. He noticed one of the guards being suddenly jumped by a zombie that had previously seemed out of commission but knew the best way for him to help would be by cutting through the undead before him. He positioned Winding Willow and once again went for the neck of the zombie who he had cut earlier, and hoped to finish it off before the other two zombies attacked.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:24 pm

(Wouldn't be impossible. If one of those magic storms happened to hit who knows what it could do. Which gives me an idea for later. *Laughs ominously*)

Delvet's sword strikes true. The zombie's head goes flying and the rest of it's body hits the ground like a wet noodle.

If the two other zombies weren't brain dead they'd be intimidated.

Speaking of those zombies, they both charge forward at Delvet.

The female guard notices her partner being attacked. "Lyrn! Watch out!" She yells. Then she turns around and aims her crossbow at the zombie attacking Lyrn. "Duck!" She yells before firing a bolt.

He does just that. The zombie looks at the source of the yelling and roars. Only for the bolt to fly straight into it's mouth. Causing it to stumble back and let go of Lyrn.

Lyrn stands back up and manages to get his sword out of the zombie. He then attacks it again and splices it's skull in two with a lucky hit. Lyrn then kicks it down then stairs. Knocking it against another zombie causing that one to fall down the stairs.

Two of the zombies that had fallen down the stairs earlier get back on their feet. And the one behind the female guard starts to do the same.

Lyrn notices. "Behind you Amrille!"

She spins around in time to see the zombie standing up. She aims her crossbow.

There's now a total of 7 zombies with their head left.

(Be sure to remember to say when you deactivate your red dragon fang. Don't wanna accidentally spend too much Ki that way.)

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:21 am

(i will do my best to recall that.)

Delvet pulled back his blade, sidestepped to the left, then attempted a vertical slash at the head of the zombie charging at him on the left. He hoped his positioning would mean the other zombie would either have to take extra time moving around the first, or stumble trying to go through it. Their thoughtless nature is both a disadvantage and a boon. He thought to himself, their brute forcing made them predictable but not necessarily less effective as agents of inane slaughter.

He heard the shouts from the two guards, but stayed as focus as he could on the enemies before him.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:33 pm

Delvet strikes the zombie's head. Leaving a gaping wound near it's eye. Dark blood oozes out of it's socket. It stumbles back from the attack. The zombie behind it tries to lunge at Delvet but bumps into the other one.

That one, with the gaping eye wound, gets bumped forward and also lunges at Delvet. But it stumbles over a rock and stumbles face first into the dirt. Further opening it's wound.

Amrille shoots her crossbow but the bolt whiffs past the zombie and lands in the wall with a thud. "Crap!" She yells.

Lyrn leaps in between Amrille and the zombie as it lunges at her. He slashes off one of it's arms. The zombie rakes it's nails down Lyrns arm just before it goes down. Lyrn holds his bleeding arm in pain. "Damn it that stings!"

The two guards turn around to see three zombies closing in on them. With a fourth one getting back on it's feet.

Six zombies left up. Seven with their heads intact.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:09 pm

Delvet saw an opening and struck his blade at the head of the zombie on the ground, he hoped to finish it off with that. Regardless, the other zombie that still stood confronting the swordsman was obviously a much larger threat.

Delvet circled about and positioned himself so the zombie he was faced off with was between himself and the zombies at the stairs he gathered his ki concentrating until he let loose a slash releasing the ki along side it, the energy traveled as an arc toward the zombie before him. He didn't know if the wave would reach to any other targets, he was too fatigued and it was too dark for a proper judgement but he hoped it would do well to cut the foe before him at least.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:25 am

Delvet cleanly severs the head of the zombie at his feet. It stops moving completely. Then a bloodstream erupts from the head propelling it into the air before it violently explodes. None of the gross bits hit Delvet on the way down.

(If you were wondering, that was a massive critical hit.)

The wave of ki hits the zombie and cuts it in half from the waist down. The legs stay standing up while the torso falls to the ground with a thud. The zombie isn't dead yet though, what's left of it's upper body crawls it's way towards Delvet. Groaning and hissing as it drags its own guts behind it over the dirt.

Up on the stairs Amrille aims her crossbow at one of the zombies. She shoots one in the shoulder, causing it to stumble and slow down.

Lyrn slashes his sword at the closest zombie. Cutting off one of it's arms. This however does not stop it's progress. It lunges at Lyrn and grabs on to him. Lyrn tries to back away but trips and falls, now the zombie is on top of him and he has to struggle to keep its teeth away from himself.

The third zombie, the one with a crossbow bolt in it's mouth is too far away to attack but is getting closer to the guards.

The fourth zombie also starts making it's way up the stairs.

Five zombies left .. uh standing.. that's not right.. Four standing and one crawling
Six of them still have their head.
All of them except one still have their legs.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:38 am

(damn, i've really taken to rereading old rps, hella gets me in the mood to post. Which apparently I need becos my post gaps are ridiculous)
Delvet took a deep breath in. He needed to ensure he stayed calm, the guards in front of him were in quite the predicament and the swordsman was becoming anxious. And anxiety means mistakes, and mistakes meaning dying.

He reassessed the situation. Only one zombie had its attention on Delvet, and he had quite a track record for dealing with these creatures when they were prone. The other four were closing in (or had already) on the guards. Why are they so insistent on going towards them? Is it their yelling? He pondered for a moment but still moved, he brought his sword above the downed zombie, and swung with both hands at its head before he moved to the stairs to confront the first zombie in his path.

A thought scattered through the swordsman's head, his heart sank as it did. How many more zombies are there? He brushed it away as he swung at the zombie before him with a diagonal cut starting at the shoulder, such thoughts were a waste of energy. Speaking of which. After his first cut toward the "fourth" zombie, Delvet allowed the ki he instilled into his blade to dissipate; he'd need more energy for the rest of this hellish night.  
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:30 pm

(Yeah, rereading the old RP's always makes me want to post too. -Posting more would be good. As long as you don't feel like you have to force yourself to post.)

Delvet's blade split the zombie's head in half. More rancid blood leaked out.

Amrille aims at the zombie on top of Lyrn. She hesitates for a second. She re-aligns her aim and makes sure not to hit Lyrn accidentally. Her bolt hits the zombie's back. But it's not enough to stop it.

Then suddenly the zombie with a bolt in it's mouth is upon her. Instinctively she holds up her arm to defend herself. Only for the zombie to bite her arm. She screams in pain and kicks the zombie away from her.

Lyrn meanwhile Manages to push the zombie trying to bite him off of him. He then gets back on his feet. Only to see the zombie on the stairs coming straight at him.

Delvet strikes the fourth zombie across the back in a sneak attack. Leaving a large gash behind. The zombie groans and falls first to it's knees and then face first into the dirt. Blood soaks into the ground.

The red glow around Delvets blade dissipates like a flame burning out. Leaving a trail of red smoke that lasts only a second.

Three zombies are still "up".
Five still have their heads.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:55 pm

(for sure... are these zombie bites being so clearly mentioned becos it gonna come around and bite me in the butt in the future?)

Delvet stabs his blade into the head of the fallen zombie before he continued up the stairs toward the zombie that had started to move toward Lryn. He swung low, and hoped to trip the creature before its attack could be fully followed through. Beside they were far easier to deal with after they had fallen. "You two wouldn't happen to need any help, would you?" The swordsman asked, trying to be nonchalant; but his sweat, heavy breathing and the gore he was covered in betrayed any effort he made to seem calm and steady.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:07 am

(It might or it could also be that the zombies only have two skills and biting is the only one that does damage. BUT if it was going to bite you in the butt then why would I spoil that surprise? >:3

I will say though, I won't kill off Delvet unless you and I discuss it before hand. So you don't have to worry about him going to sleep and waking up a zombie, woops bad ending! The only way he can die is if his hit points hit zero or lower and he doesn't get healed on time. And even then I can pull a deus ex machina to save him, which will come at a cost however. Depending on the situation the cost can be something like his sword breaking or a friend dying to save him.

As for any NPC's that are bitten by zombies.. I'm not going to comment on that. You'll just have to find out. Very Happy )

Delvet's blade cuts right through the zombie's legs. Severing them just below the kneecaps. The zombie falls face first against the edge of the stairs and groans. It's attack completely cut off.

Amrille reloads and aims her crossbow almost point blank at the zombie and shoots. The bolt goes through it's eye and the zombie falls to the floor motionless.

Lyrn brings down his sword on the zombie's head but it gets stuck halfway. The zombie reaches out with it's hand and grabs Lyrn's ankles. "Actually, a bit of help would be greatly appreciated!" Lyrn replies with panic in his voice.

Just then one of the zombies that was downed earlier rises again behind Amrille. She notices and turns around just as it grabs her by the shoulder and goes in for a bite. She pushes the crossbow between her and the zombie, keeping it from reaching her with it's teeth. "These bastards just won't stay down!" She yells in frustration.

One zombie is up.
Two are down on the ground but active.
Five of them still have their head.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:59 am

(So, bludgeoning may b more effective than slashing or piercing?)

Delvet nodded quickly. "Watch your hand." He warned before stomping his foot on to the pommel of the blade in the zombie's head to assist in (hopefully) finishing it off. Just in case he cut his sword the arm the zombie had used to grab Lryn's ankle to free the guard.

"I don't suppose we have any idea how we can make sure they stay down?" The swordsman moved quickly to Amrille, he thrusted his blade at the zombies head to at least push it away from the other guard if not dispatch it. 

It may have been dangerous to do so, but Delvet took a quick scan of the area around them. He hoped he wouldn't see anything, but thought it better if he knew more creatures were coming than be surprised by them.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiro Cloudwatcher Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:20 am

(For just pure damage output probably yeah. Depends on the weapon used too though.)

Delvet stomps and the sword goes straight through the zombie's head. Leaving it with only a lower jaw. Delvet then cut off it's arm. Lyrn shakes his leg and the rest of the zombie arm drops. "So far the ones without heads don't seem to get back up. So that's one way to do it." He answers.

Amrille struggled with the zombie She manages to push it off her and it smacks against the wall. "I believe I once heard burning them also keeps them dead permanently." She adds. Just before she shoots a crossbow bolt right through it's throat. Causing it to be stuck to the wall, but still active. "Don't think it'd be a good idea to do that while standing on this wooden platform though."

That's when Delvet is about to strike the zombie, only to feel a hand wrap around his ankle. Looking back he sees the zombie without legs with it's hand grabbing him and pulling itself closer.

Lyrn tries to repay Delvet for his help by doing the same thing he did for him. But he trips over the severed zombie hand, stumbles and misses. "Oof."

Just then another zombie starts to get back up.

A quick look around reveals that there don't seem to be more zombies in the general area. It is quite dark however. The only light coming from a lamp above the door. So who knows what else is out there.

Three zombies are active.
Four still have their heads.

Delvet CS
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Kiro Cloudwatcher
Guild leader
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:02 am

(ah, i see, I mixed up legless zombie and the zombie Amrille shot)
"Do we have any idea how- Ugh." Delvet's sentence was interrupted by the zombie he'd attacked moments prior grabbing his leg taking him by surprise. The swordsman flipped his blade in his hands until it pointed at the ankle grappling zombie's head and brought the blade down before continuing his previous thought. "-How much of the head that means exactly?"

"Watch yourself friend, as much of hand as these creatures are willing to give it won't help us any." Delvet said his joke hiding his concern, he hoped the slip was just that and not the guard being exhausted, that wasn't a luxury any of them could afford. He quickly went to cut the hand that was holding his ankle away from him before, once more, going to strike at the zombie pined to the wall with another thrust at its face.  
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next