ChaoZ Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord

Chatbox
Latest topics
» Pkmn hash brown Discussion
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 am by Roltharus

» Denizen's Curse
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:03 am by Roltharus

» Race designs
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:35 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Pokemon Hash brown version
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2023 7:26 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ Chronicles: Moonlight
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 6:04 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» Necropalypse II DLC Aftermath
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:34 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

» ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm by Roltharus

» Jex Cahill Storyline
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 pm by Jex Cahill

» General Val RP discussion thread.
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:15 pm by Kiro Cloudwatcher

Affiliates
free forum

ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.

5 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 23 Empty Re: ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:58 pm

Fluffy facepawed at Rol's marriage comment.
He then gestured towards Cole and the moon shaped rune on the wall.
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Name: Kenichi DaPuppy
Race: lucaerian
Classes:

https://chaozguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 23 Empty Re: ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves.

Post  Jex Cahill Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Jex glanced at Rol and then to Fluffy.

"Huh."

He looked back the rune and let magic flow from towards his hand, keeping his index and middle finger on the plate.
Jex Cahill
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Name: Jex Cahill
Race: Human
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:13 pm

The mana flowed into the rune and spread through a network of tiny veins that ran all over the temple. Underneath the floor were countless machines that were connected to these tiny veins. They absorbed the mana but nothing happened.
Perhaps they need another type of magic.
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:22 pm

"This looks like a magic thing Jex. Das you."

Rol stepped back to emphasize his lack of understanding.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Name: Roltharus The Lightbulb
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:33 am

Jex stared at the rune and looked around as his magic seemed to affect it but did not do much in return. He frowned as he looked back at Fluffy, and then at Cole.

"Rol, come here."

He gestured his ally to come closer and pointed to the plate.

"Use our shadow magic on the moon plate."

He waited for him to do so and closed his eyes. He lifted his fingers from the plate, disconnecting the magical bond. His hand, however, remained infused with magic.

"Lucis."

He called upon the light as it focused itself around his hand. Inching his fingers forward he let it touch the stone plate once again.
Jex Cahill
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:51 am

"Is what I do magic? I can't remember. But throw shadows at it? Okay."

The bounty hunter does as he was told. 

"If this kills us man..."

Rol whined.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Rol's shadows crawled through the veins down to the machines and were absorbed. The machines started to turn but then stopped. Then Jex's light mana followed and the machines started again. This time the wheels kept turning and the floor started to shake before slowly rising. Once the floor had risen a level higher the machines stopped.
The four other rooms had gone up too. Only the entry hall hadn't risen and was now unaccessible.
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:15 pm

Jex sighed and looked around.

"It looks like we've gone up. Shall we split up again?"

He looked at Rol and then down to Fluffy. He started walking once more, without regard to Rol's answer.
Jex Cahill
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:12 am

((What? No.. What..You can't split up because the room you are in normally leads back to the entry hall and you can't go there because it's the one floor that didn't go up. So you can only go in one door...Am I really that bad at explaining things?
Maybe we should just skip this puzzle and go straight to the boss fight.
ChaoZ: A Royal pain in the elves. - Page 23 Temple11

You are in room 5 and all rooms but room 1 went up with you. So you can't access room 1.
It's room 5 that has the entrance to the middle room but you can't see any third door where the map says it should be. It's also the room that has a ceilling that's one floor lower. So what could that mean?
Maybe a vague message/riddle will help (I'd just tell you the solution but that wouldn't be fun) ))

Fluffy sniffs the ground and finds a small tablet with inscriptions. It reads:

"The sun soars, the moon falls.
Five cannot fly together, only one can reach the sky.
Each cannot rise twice, so they carry each other.
1 cannot fly.

5 is both up and down.
4 is the key."
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:20 am

"Weird ass inscription though."

Rol reads the tablet Fluffy sniffed out. 

"Can five go back up and down, like a roomevator? Four seems important. The number refer to the rooms, right man? Also moons and sun... Ugh riddles."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:28 pm

Jex looks toward the inscription and then to the map. He continued glancing around the room. He looked at the wall to the right where the map says a door would be but it wasn't there. He started making his way towards it and touched the wall.

"Think you can do something about this? It says there's a wall here."
Jex Cahill
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:09 am

"Like break it? I don't know man."

Rol looked at the wall.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:53 pm

The wall looked rather solid. But then so did the metal wall Rol drilled through in the first temple. This one was probably thicker though but with enough effort...
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:42 pm

Jex put his fist against the wall and started knocking. Weakly at first but gaining strength with each hit. He allowed his magic to seep into his fist, strengthening each hit further.
Jex Cahill
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:03 am

The wall first started shaking slightly from the impacts and soon small chunks of rock splintered off. The magic behind the punches caused the stone to crack and soon a hole was being formed. But the wall was thick so it would take a lot more punching before the other side was reached.

Fluffy stepped forward and started to strike the sharp point on his tail at a certain point on the wall to help. It wasn't as effective as Jex's punching but the stone slowly chipped away here too.
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:11 am

Jex restlessly continued chipping away at the stone. He inhaled a good chunk of air with his nose before winding up and striking it, stronger than the last time. He wasn't sure what was on the other side, or if there even was another side, but he was getting through, one way or another.
Jex Cahill
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:19 am

"Since we're doing this, I suppose I can assist without being blamed for things."

Rol formed a pickaxe around his arm with shadows. 

"Boo. Yah. Ka. Shaa."

The bounty hunter slowly approached the wall to assist in tearing down.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:22 pm

After about ten minutes there were three holes in the wall. Each of them about an arms lenght deep. But still the other side wasn't visible.
Then the cracks that had spread across the wall connected and the next impact made the middle of the wall crumble and collapse.

When the dust settled the central room was visible. The room seemed to be some sort of giant elevator shaft. Unfortunatly the elevator itself was still on the top floor and inaccessible from where they were now.

However the floor below was only about four stories down. It would be easy to climb or float down. And there was a large open door down there.
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:43 pm

"So down we go?"

The bounty hunter asked while forming a small length of shadow rope, simply to emphasize his question.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:48 am

Jex stared up for a second and wiped his forehead with his arm. Glancing down he nodded his head as he threw his staff in front of him. It wobbled in the air in front of him but then steadied itself. Stepping onto it, he transferred all of his weight onto the thin piece of material.

"Let's go."

Flying down, he jumped off the staff and landed firmly on the ground, catching his staff on the way down. Twirling it with his fingers he took a step forward towards the door and tried to examine what he could see before stepping in.
Jex Cahill
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:05 am

Once Jex and Rol were down, Fluffy followed.
The floor of the elevator shaft was empty aside from the dust that covered it. The large open door lead to a long dark tunnel. It seemed safe enough to walk through but a little more light wouldn't hurt.

Fluffy didn't seem to sense any danger. So they went through the tunnel and reached the other side safely. There stood a giant metal gate. With a little effort the gate opened and revealed a large chamber with a pool in the middle. Light seemed to mysteriously fill the cave but there seemed to be no light sources.

The trio walked inside and then suddenly transparent slimy tentacles shot out of the water towards them. Fluffy dodged y jumping to the side.
The water then rose up, revealing itself to not be water at all but a slimy gigantic jellyfish.
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jex Cahill Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:19 am

God damn. He should have expected it. Jex jumped to a corner of the room and twirled the staff in front of him. Unsure of what the monster would be, he waited for it to act. Who knows, maybe it's friendly.
Jex Cahill
Jex Cahill

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:01 am

"Yeah, but is it poison?"

Rol said, looking at the large jellyfish.

"I need a really big net for this thing I think."
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenichi DaPuppy Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:06 pm

"Foolish mortals. You did not even do the damned puzzle. No really, what the fuck? Do you have any idea how long it took to build that shit? Like fuck man. If the ones who built it were still alive they would be so pissed. And now there's nobody that can fix that wall so you fucking ruined this temples test for any future adventurers."

A voice sounded inside Rol and Jex's mind. The tentacles lashed out, the jellyfish was obviously very upset. 
"I'm too tired for this shit but you didn't pass the test so I can't let you get your hands on the staff of wisdom. Prepare to be defated!"

The enormous jellyfish started glowing and floated up into the air. A Psychic shield surrounded it's center while it's countless tentacles tried to grab Rol, Jex and the manticore.
Fluffy dodged the tentacles and tried to break through the psychic shield but it was too strong. Tentacles rushed at him from behind.
Kenichi DaPuppy
Kenichi DaPuppy
Guild leader
Guild leader

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roltharus Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:08 pm

"I knew it. I FUCKING KNEW IT. God damn it Jex."

Rol was visibly upset at discovering how bad an idea breaking the wall was.

"Jeez, next time I'm making sure I get stuck with someone else."

Rol sighed while his Shadows swatted away the attacking tentacles.
Roltharus
Roltharus

Character Sheet
Classes:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next